Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
09 Jun 2016 08:07

Hello I need very simple tempalte for full article view. This is my site http://glucoso.kinokorea.ge How you see there are records in center and right collumns. I need to open this records in modal windows insteed of center collumn as it is now. Who can do this and how much will it cost?

Last Modified: 15 Jun 2016

Giorgi625 VIP
09 Jun 2016 09:25

jimie Hello,

You can provide me your skype id and we can discuss about that.

Regards

This is my skype id H0A6D2E5S

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
09 Jun 2016 23:13

Hello Giorgi625, how are you displaying the records? Are these two "Records-modules"?
Not sure what the current suggested Joomla modal technique is, but usually it is invoked by a special CSS class on the a-tag. You would also have to add tmpl=component to the link.

Just curious in general:
What is the preferred modal/lightbox script in Joomla 3 frontend!? They seem to change their minds very often... Someone noticed the latest "un-responsive!" backend modals powered by TinyMCE editor ;)

Apart from changing the created links programatically and using a modal from Joomla core,
you might also get a working solution by "RegularLabs' Modals". Please, read about different features for free and pro version. Demo page is here. (don't be confused by the syntax examples. It is not required, you can also set defaults inside the system plugin settings!)

PS: I remember, I had it working for "Cobalt Type as Comments", which were used to attend an event. The submission should be displayed on the same page for better UX. The comment submission was identified by their URL parts (I believe a pro feature only).
In free version, you can use a certain CSS class name, but your current links do not have one.

Giorgi625 VIP
10 Jun 2016 08:35

pepperstreet Hello Giorgi625, how are you displaying the records? Are these two "Records-modules"?

Yes I am displaying records using modules but I will need it everywhere. I plan to add records list type menu item so I need solution which will be added to template files so it will work on a modules and record list pages also.

pepperstreet

you might also get a working solution by "RegularLabs' Modals". Please, read about different features for free and pro version. Demo page is here. (don't be confused by the syntax examples. It is not required, you can also set defaults inside the system plugin settings!)

PS: I remember, I had it working for "Cobalt Type as Comments", which were used to attend an event. The submission should be displayed on the same page for better UX. The comment submission was identified by their URL parts (I believe a pro feature only).

In free version, you can use a certain CSS class name, but your current links do not have one.

Yes I have pro version of RegularLabs Modals, but I did not knew I could use it for this.

pepperstreet VIP
12 Jun 2016 15:36

Giorgi625 Yes I have pro version of RegularLabs Modals, but I did not knew I could use it for this.

Any success? Would like to hear your experiences and feedback.

Giorgi625 VIP
14 Jun 2016 19:22

pepperstreet

Giorgi625 Yes I have pro version of RegularLabs Modals, but I did not knew I could use it for this.

Any success? Would like to hear your experiences and feedback.

It was so simple, thanks for suggesting this solution. you just need to type classname in a plugin page and it is done, if you need to set size there are also width and height input fields. read more button has own classname but title had not so I jsut added class="cobalttitle" to title's < a > tag and then typed this classname with readmore in plugins page.

pepperstreet VIP
15 Jun 2016 12:42

Giorgi625 It was so simple, thanks for suggesting this solution.

You're welcome. Glad I could help you.

you just need to type classname in a plugin page and it is done

In general the easiest approach. Unfortunately you had to touch the template file.
That's why I mentioned the URL-sniffer method. Looks complicated on first sight, but it should work without any modifications in Cobalt files.

there are also width and height input fields

Yes. It's easy to get % width and responsive results. Although this is the "pretty old" ColorBox script, it is very versatile and solid.
Fortunately, RegularLabs added a sleek and modern "bootstrap" style to it ;)