Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
09 Dec 2015 17:07

Hello i have added menu item of type: List of section articles. I don't have categories, all records are in section root, so I want to display Filter module only on page where of this menu item where is shown list of records but when users goes into any of this records full view module must dissapear. Does anyone know how to do so? i tried Advanced Module Manager but it did not helped.

Last Modified: 23 Oct 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
10 Dec 2015 01:03

Hello Giorgi625, one possible solution and trick is to configure your type parameters differently.

Go to YourType -> Properties -> Menu Item ID parameter

Usually, this is the menuItem of the corresponding Section.
But you can change it to any other MenuItem.
The selected MenuItem is responsible for the displayed modules.
Either choose an existing one that does not have your Filter module assigned,
or you may even create a special "shadow" menu and item for it.

You will see the modules on submission and record full view.

Little headsup:
Make sure you do NOT show Advanced Filter/Search area above the section AND the filter module at the same time. It would lead to visual and functional issues.

Giorgi625 VIP
10 Dec 2015 01:14

Thank you Jeff and Pepperstreet. the trick with regex worked from Jefs post.

pepperstreet VIP
10 Dec 2015 01:40

Giorgi625 the trick with regex worked from Jefs post.

If you have SEF URL's set to ON, you might use the following EXCLUDE rule. Also without RegEx.

mj_cob_amm_exclude_module_on_item_pages

• Matching Method ALL
  • MenuItems assignment set to "Your Section".

Giorgi625 VIP
10 Dec 2015 10:46

Now I have another problem with filter. I have field select for cities where Field value linkage is on Value as filter link, So when I want to see for example records where city is Amsterdam I press in record full view on that link, but after this when I browse through the sitea and then return to Records list page filter is not reseted and I can view only records with city Amsterdam, how to enable to reset filter if I leave filtered records lists page ?

jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
10 Dec 2015 14:04

Hello,

Here what you can do, click on your module ( make sure you use Advanced Module Pro ) then go to "Assignments" remove all your previous settings you had there, then go at the bottom at "Custom PHP" click on "Include" and inside the textarea place this:

return (JFactory::getApplication()->input->getInt('Itemid', 0 ) == 999 && JFactory::getApplication()->input->getString('view', 0 ) == 'records');

Replace 999 with your correct Itemid. and save, then see how it goes.

With that, the module will be displayed only inside section articles list.

Hope it helps.

Rgds

pepperstreet VIP
10 Dec 2015 14:44

@Sergey

A general idea and feature request for modules parameter:
Why not add an option (URL sniffer) which allows to choose the display context?
Allow to retrict the display to lists and/or full view. This would make it much easier for users. No more other tricks or extensions are involved.

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
10 Dec 2015 21:56

pepperstreet Why not add an option (URL sniffer) which allows to choose the display context?

+1

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
10 Dec 2015 22:38

Giorgi625 but after this when I browse through the sitea and then return to Records list page filter is not reseted and I can view only records with city Amsterdam

Actually it is how this filter (or any other filter) is supposed to work. It remembers the last query. Very convenient in most cases. Unfortunately not in yours.

A reset/clear button is automatically displayed when a filter is applied EXCEPT when there's only one filter criterium.

You can add a button to clear the filter: http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/prefiltered-links/#how-to-reset-filters-through-link

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
12 Oct 2016 16:48

hello please the topic here : https://www.nonumber.nl/forum/advancedmodulemanager/25210-limit-module-to-menu-item-root-only-issues is no longer available, please could you repost the method ?

and for this return (JFactory::getApplication()->input->getInt('Itemid', 0 ) == 999 && JFactory::getApplication()->input->getString('view', 0 ) == 'records'); what itemid i use please ?

Thank you in advanced

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Oct 2016 03:43

clowride what itemid i use please ?

You have to turn off SEF for now. Then go to the page wheer you want your module to be loacted and you will see Itemid in the URL.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
23 Oct 2016 08:45

Sergey

clowride what itemid i use please ?

You have to turn off SEF for now. Then go to the page wheer you want your module to be loacted and you will see Itemid in the URL. ok thank you