artisanwebandprint VIP
Total posts: 19
30 Jun 2015 23:47

Hello,

I purchased Emerald today and I'm trying to integrate with Hikamarket for multi-vendor use.

I would like to move a user to a specific group once they have paid. It is not clear how this works. The purpose of purchasing emerald is to integrate with Hikamarket Vendor Options. A vendor must pay a six month subscription in order to be able to access their vendor account and add products to the shopping cart. Jerome from Hikamarket states that it is natively integrated with Emerald and Akeeba Subscriptions. But I don't see how. Here is his language:

Mode: Vendor paid subscription

If you want something automatic where your vendor have to subscribe to become vendor ; you can use a subscription system compatible with HikaShop and an option in HikaMarket. Subscription system can change the user group depending the user subscription. Thanks to that, HikaMarket can create/activate/deactivate a vendor. When the option Vendor registration is set to Vendor automatic creation you can also select some Joomla user groups. If you select nothing, HikaMarket will automatically create the vendor account (like the previous point). But if you select some Joomla user groups, it will define the vendor status on that.

Please note that HikaMarket use the Joomla trigger to be notified when a user have a group modification ; the subscription component have to use the Joomla triggers to make HikaMarket work correctly.

The HikaMarket registration

So thanks to the menu Vendor edition page a user can register as a vendor (depending to your Joomla and HikaMarket settings). If the user already have a Joomla account ; the registration page will ask him only the vendor fields. But if the visitor does not have an account, HikaMarket will allow him to register. In this particular mode, HikaMarket will create in the same time the Joomla account and the HikaMarket vendor. HikaMarket have an option called Usergroup on registration. During the HikaMarket registration, the user that HikaMarket will create can have a special Joomla user group. Thanks to that you can directly separate the users who have a vendor account than the others. For example a account creating by the Joomla registration will have the user group Registered when an account creating by HikaMarket will have the user group Author. Using special user groups for your vendors is interesting when you want to display specific menus using the Joomla Accesses. In your Joomla backend, under Users > Access Levels, you can create a new access level named Vendors and select Author (to stay in our previous example). You will have then a special access level for your vendors ; so you can create menus and only display these menus to your vendors.

Thanks for your help,

Dawn

Last Modified: 20 Oct 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Jul 2015 14:40

Since you purchased individual download you do not see action change user group. After you install it you can move user to any user group upon success purchase. And move them back when expired.

But this is not the only method available. You can simply restrict access to certain views of the component through universal restriction rule.

Show me link (none-SEF) to vendor dashboard and gve me admin access and I'll show you examples how to configure universal rules.

What to choose?

What method is better? Well if you need users to be in the vendor group ONLY to manage access to dashboard, then you not nesessaraly have to use groups. If you use groups for other purposes as well, then it is ok to use group change action. Although even in this case, you can still use universal restriction rule.

artisanwebandprint VIP
02 Jul 2015 03:18

Hello,

I bought the action "change user group". It works when I pay with Paypal. It doesn't work when I buy the subscription with an offline payment.

The steps I followed are to purchase the subscription with offline. Login with Administrator's account and go to Sales. Click on Sale > Publish it. Subscription shows active. User Group is not changed.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Dawn

Sergey
02 Jul 2015 17:14

artisanwebandprint The steps I followed are to purchase the subscription with offline. Login with Administrator's account and go to Sales. Click on Sale > Publish it. Subscription shows active. User Group is not changed.

Ther should be one more step. You have to login as user whose subscription you have just activated as admin. Actions are triggered when that user is logged in.

Sergey
02 Jul 2015 17:17

artisanwebandprint The link to the vendor dashboard is this

In order to chek universal restriction you have to have SEF turned off. I have to seee original URLs.

But anyway is Hikamraket developer suggest use groups, I would go that way.

artisanwebandprint VIP
09 Sep 2015 19:43

Hello,

I just sent it.

thanks,

Dawn

Sergey
10 Sep 2015 06:01

I just udated it.

Thank you.

artisanwebandprint VIP
10 Oct 2016 17:11

Hello,

It has been a year since we last spoke. At that time, my subscription service was working nicely. Now, all subscriptions are set to renew. Members/Vendors are not getting their reminder email alerts even though the subscription plans are setup to send an email 10,5,1 days prior to expiratio.

Click here to link...

Furthermore, when the subscription expires, the user group is not updated via actions and they remain able to access their vendor profile in Hikamarket.

Click here to link...

Please help. I will send login credentials in the next email so this can be tracked publically for others having the same problem.

Thanks,

Dawn

artisanwebandprint VIP
10 Oct 2016 17:15

An example would be Susan Rosano.

I even tried logging in as her today to trigger the "action" but it did no remove her from the user group Artists 25%.

Thanks,

Dawn

Sergey
12 Oct 2016 12:44

Have you configured Cron for email alerts?

artisanwebandprint VIP
12 Oct 2016 15:15

Hello,

I do receive an email when I sign up for a subscription; but not when a subscription ends. According to my CRON in cpanel, there is nothing setup. So, I reviewed your documentation but do not see what command I should use. Please provide me with the details on how to setup the CRON for email alerts.

What are your thoughts about the fact that subscribers are not being moved from special groups to registered after their subscription plan ends?

Thanks,

Dawn

artisanwebandprint VIP
12 Oct 2016 15:19

Hello,

Forgive me, I found it. I've setup the CRON job and will test it for today.

In the meantime, please look into why subscription actions are not working.

Thanks so much,

Dawn

Sergey
13 Oct 2016 03:45

artisanwebandprint In the meantime, please look into why subscription actions are not working.

What actions? In what plan?

Also note that if you assign subscription to someone, actions will not be triggered untill that one login to the site.

artisanwebandprint VIP
13 Oct 2016 22:05

Hello,

As referenced above:

When the subscription expires, the user group is not updated via actions and they remain able to access their vendor profile in Hikamarket. I even tried logging in as her today to trigger the "action" but it did no remove her from the user group Artists 25%. Regarding the login, the gallery is a collective, so members leave without logging in on occassion. We need their work to be removed from the website even if they don't login. Is there any way to trigger an action without a login?

Here's the action I setup in every subscription to change the user group upon completion of their subscription. http://screencast.com/t/nPp4qUJq

Please help. I have sent login credentials in the past email so this can be tracked publically for others having the same problem.

Thanks,

Dawn

artisanwebandprint VIP
14 Oct 2016 16:12

Hello,

To follow up the CRON has now run but no emails were sent. I have two subscriptions setup with my email on file and set them to expire 10 days from now and 5 days from now. Last night I did not get any emails.

Also, would appreciate hearing your thoughts on why the actions are not working. I sent a response with screenshots and all of the details in this ticket yesterday.

Warm Regards,

Dawn

Sergey
20 Oct 2016 12:28

Try to upen URL you set in CRON in browser and see if you have any error. Turn on error reporting before that. It is in global Joomla configuration.