jordantsap
Total posts: 10
04 Jun 2015 22:10

Hello everybody. Im prety advanced joomla developer and i have the following problem:

I have a client that stil uses joomla 1.5 and mighty resources extension for his website and he wants me to urgrade/migrate to the latest versions. Her website is http://www.languagetree.org/ I did the following tasks: I did the migration manualy in my localhost, meaning that i did a fresh installation to my localhost with joomla 3 and cobalt8 extension and the fields that it needs to work as it should. I lastly installed cobalt 8. Then, i deleted the empty tables of cobalt and uploaded all the previous tables of mighty resources to my localhost/phpmyadmin. I created the cobalt fields manually from my joomla3/administrator area. I uploaded the tables of Mighty Resources to cobalt tables in my localhost/phpmyadmin. All went good until i uploaded record/record_category/record_values tables and i get the following error in two different cobalt sections:

Records cobalt section: Error Unknown column 'a.section_id' in 'on clause' SQL=SELECT COUNT() FROM jos_js_res_record AS a LEFT JOIN jos_js_res_types AS t ON a.type_id = t.id LEFT JOIN jos_js_res_sections AS s ON a.section_id = s.id LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON a.user_id = u.id LEFT JOIN jos_viewlevels AS vl ON a.access = vl.id WHERE (a.published IN (0, 1)) Unknown column 'a.section_id' in 'on clause' SQL=SELECT a.,t.name AS type_name,s.name AS section_name,CONCAT(u.username," (",u.name,")") AS username,vl.title AS access_title FROM jos_js_res_record AS a LEFT JOIN jos_js_res_types AS t ON a.type_id = t.id LEFT JOIN jos_js_res_sections AS s ON a.section_id = s.id LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON a.user_id = u.id LEFT JOIN jos_viewlevels AS vl ON a.access = vl.id WHERE (a.published IN (0, 1)) ORDER BY a.ctime asc Unknown column 'a.section_id' in 'on clause' SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM jos_js_res_record AS a LEFT JOIN jos_js_res_types AS t ON a.type_id = t.id LEFT JOIN jos_js_res_sections AS s ON a.section_id = s.id LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON a.user_id = u.id LEFT JOIN jos_viewlevels AS vl ON a.access = vl.id WHERE (a.published IN (0, 1))

Sections cobalt section: Error Unknown column 'section_id' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT a.,(SELECT COUNT() FROM jos_js_res_categories WHERE section_id = a.id) as fieldnum,(SELECT COUNT() FROM jos_js_res_record WHERE section_id = a.id) as records FROM jos_js_res_sections AS a WHERE (a.published IN (0, 1)) GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.name asc Unknown column 'section_id' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT a.,(SELECT COUNT() FROM jos_js_res_categories WHERE section_id = a.id) as fieldnum,(SELECT COUNT() FROM jos_js_res_record WHERE section_id = a.id) as records FROM jos_js_res_sections AS a WHERE (a.published IN (0, 1)) GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.name asc Unknown column 'section_id' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT a.,(SELECT COUNT() FROM jos_js_res_categories WHERE section_id = a.id) as fieldnum,(SELECT COUNT(*) FROM jos_js_res_record WHERE section_id = a.id) as records FROM jos_js_res_sections AS a WHERE (a.published IN (0, 1)) GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY a.name asc

These errors mean that some content dont correspond to categories or something else? How can i solve these errors?

Last Modified: 24 Aug 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Jun 2015 06:41

Install Cobalt over and it will adjust DB acording to latest version.

But as you can already see that, though it will add section_id to that table and all the others, that column will be empty. So after you install cobalt you will see notification, what SQL queries was made. So remeber those and analyse.

But in any case, Resources and Cobalt are not compatible. It is 100% different code. Although DB structure close and table names are the same, it works completely different. Cobalt was developed as new extension from scratch. the way you aproach migration is hardest because even fields names are different.

You can only migrate 2 ways.

1. Create migration script.
  2. Manualy encode articles to Cobalt.

I can see that there are not more than 200 articles. I think best way is to recreate all those article manually. It will be most productive way, than create migration script. You will hire encoders very cheap. They will do it in one day.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
08 Jun 2015 20:16

Sergey You can only migrate 2 ways.

1. Create migration script.
  2. Manualy encode articles to Cobalt.

What about the JSmigrator and export to CSV?
(you might have to check for advanced and complex fields. Some values might not be comaptible/importable)
Then try the Cobalt frontend Importer. (this is a separate MenuItem type!)

Sergey
10 Jun 2015 10:35

That is right! I tottaly forgot about JSMigrator!

Sergey
24 Aug 2015 12:57

try to add fooltext index to that column manually.