gteigland VIP
Total posts: 159
27 Jul 2015 12:07

I love that hover with dropdown link you have for cobalt user http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/437294/9534fe8fd0bca748c8259ca9e74b1bde

However theres a weird function happening instead of a typical hover. I've always had this issue jsut didn't deal with it.

When I put my mouse over the name for a hover the dropdown does not appear. This is the only way I can get the drop down to appear.

1. PUt mouse over name
  2. Click on name
  3. move mouse away from name
  4. THen put mouse on name again --- that is the only way I can get hover dropdown to showup.

Like I said its nothing to do with my customization as I've had this problem since day one.

I would this was create to just have the dropdown show up on hover.

here's a link to test: http://ua.t12sites.com/index.php?option=com_cobalt& ;view=records&section_id=1:projects&Itemid=182

Last Modified: 28 Jul 2015

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
27 Jul 2015 18:12

Just noticed, you are loading 2 different Bootstrap.JS files. One is from folder joobi? Anything you could/should get rid of!?

Bootstrap Dropdown does not support HOVER by default. But here are 2 possible solutions:

CSS only

You might have to add additional container classes to restrict the hover to a certain page, or the Cobalt username context. Also hence the mobile users: You should keep the click behavior for touch devices.

ul.nav li.dropdown:hover ul.dropdown-menu{
    display: block;
    margin-top:0px;
}

Plugin with extra data-attribute

Bootstrap Dropdown on Hover Plugin Demo

gteigland VIP
27 Jul 2015 20:30

Unfortunately this did not work even after removing the extra bootstrap file. I guess I'm confused why this would be a behavoir even with mobile but even if I click nothing happens unless i hover, click, move way and the hover again. That doesn't seem right.

Thanks Gene

pepperstreet VIP
27 Jul 2015 21:20

In general, you have a lot of CSS/JS files. I can't see an obvious error or conflict in the browser console, but it is probably an issue related to the loaded files.

Did you try to switch to the default Protostar template? Any differences?

gteigland VIP
28 Jul 2015 03:32

ok thanks.. can you confirm with me how it's suppose to act so I have a reference point.

Is the dropdown suppose to show up on hover or click?

Thanks

pepperstreet VIP
28 Jul 2015 16:59

gteigland Is the dropdown suppose to show up on hover or click?

It should follow the default Bootstrap Dropdown rules. So, it is a simple on-click behavior.