kitecom
Total posts: 6
20 May 2015 11:07

Hi Sergey

Thanks for replying to my previous comment - apologies if it was in the wrong place.

My list of events is here: http://huntingdonnetwork.co.uk/events

I'd like it to be sorted by the field "Starts" which contains the start date and time. "Starts" is sortable and filtarable in field parameters.

If you could let me know if and how I can acheive this that would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks KC

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
20 May 2015 14:31

Hello kitecom,

as far as I can see, your list is already sorted be the start-date... What do you want to achieve or change?

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-20 um 16.17.11

Are you using the Date&Time field? Or just the core dates?

kitecom
20 May 2015 15:25

Hi Pepperstreet,

Thanks for having a look - the page is currently listed correctly - but that's only because I added those items in the right order for them to list correctly (currently oldest first). I've just added another listing to show you where the ordering doesn't work.

I'm using the date&time field and I'll need to keep using it as the listings are all user generated.

Thanks again KC

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
20 May 2015 16:24

kitecom ... the page is currently listed correctly - but that's only because I added those items in the right order for them to list correctly (currently oldest first).

I see ;)

I'm using the date&time field and I'll need to keep using it as the listings are all user generated.

The Date&Time field allows to override the usual core dates of a record! Please, see field parameters. So, you can alter the record's publish/expire dates by your extra date field(s). This allows you to use the core sorting parameters found in your section / your template / your modules... everywhere you have a "sorting" parameter.

kitecom
20 May 2015 16:41

Thanks again Pepperstreet,

I'll have a nother dig through the field params

KC

kitecom
20 May 2015 17:49

Thanks Pepperstreet - I finally realised that once I has set the date/time field to override the created date, I then had to open and re-save each event.