Josh
Total posts: 1
24 Mar 2015 06:34

I am quite impressed with the many featured of Cobalt 8 and especially of the Relationships Fields plugin.

I'm curious if the plugin allows relations like as seen here (see top part of screen shot):

parent-child

Here's a great example of what I'm trying to accomplish (left side bar). You can see that many articles are childeren to this page. But you can also add those child items to the parent's parent. I'm basically asking if this is possible? In the Joomla world I would want to be able to have the following structure for example: Joomla Extensions > CCK > Cobalt

Assuming my above example is possible with the relations plugin, I could create a page called "Cobalt" and have it be a child of both "Joomla Extensions" and "CCK" based on the many to many relationship method. This way people looking specifically in the "CCK" section would find Cobalt and those looking in "Joomla Extensions" would also find it. I'm basically trying to structure my site so that users could create their own categories that allow them to be childern of others depending on the logistical structure.

I understand if this is a bit tricky, but I am wondering if it's possible with the relations plugin?

Last Modified: 30 Mar 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Mar 2015 09:00

Please whatch this video

Bascaly the answer is yes.