aacmn1 VIP
Total posts: 17
05 Dec 2016 17:12

Using emerald 9.392 have installed this previously on a test site and it worked fine. Now have installed on my production site and can nolonger create groups. Any idea why?

Last Modified: 16 Dec 2016

hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
05 Dec 2016 20:30

Most probably a Mootols issue. Enable it and you will see that it will work. There is a mootols enabler plugin in JED. It can be a Javascript issue as well. Check if there is any conflict.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Dec 2016 05:36

Look into browser inspector. What errors do you see there?

aacmn1 VIP
07 Dec 2016 21:47

I found the problem it is not with emerald but has to do with multipule conflicts caused by the recent upgrade of EXP Autos pro. and thier templates. I can stop the problem by down grading to the early version but can not use their templates at all as they conflict with other components. Therefore i can only use it with my default template where it displays like crap. Therefore i am currently reviving my attempt at using cobalt to create the vehicle classifieds section. Thanks for the help

hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
08 Dec 2016 15:21

You can create a menu link for Emerald Control panel. You can assign this menu to default protostar template. By using this trick, you can safely create your group etc. This is simply what I do.

aacmn1 VIP
08 Dec 2016 19:04

Thanks for the suggestion, but been there done that did not work. EXP autos 4.01+ conflicts witrh not only emerald, but the t3-4 framework, it's own templates, DJ Classifieds and more..

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Dec 2016 05:30

aacmn1 Thanks for the suggestion, but been there done that did not work. EXP autos 4.01+ conflicts witrh not only emerald, but the t3-4 framework, it's own templates, DJ Classifieds and more..

Then it means that youe template load conflicitng scripts even when you open page in the other template. That is not good. But it is also a good news. All your problems are soved by simply changing your template.