gregoconnor VIP
Total posts: 34
23 Oct 2016 05:18

Thank you in advance. I set restrictions up in 2009 with Mighty Member and cant seem to remember how to restrict view of all joomla articles in a particular catagory. the images in the forums seem a bit different so I went on and updated the component to the latest 9.431 and I still get this screen. We are a camping club and wish to restrict organized event details to only the subscribed members. it is ok if the titles show to non pay or non registered users. the catagory is called ClubEvents id 159 sub catagories to clubEvents are; West id 143, ;east id 145 , and ;Past id 146 . Great product, no issues in the last 7 years. Gregory O'Connor mintRestrict1

Last Modified: 29 Oct 2016

gregoconnor VIP
26 Oct 2016 05:44

Hi Please see my question above, can anyone help

gregoconnor VIP
27 Oct 2016 07:22

I tried evert thing. I watched a video in Russian but it was too quick for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9qwfWrPqZo if there is an english version it may help I tried to restrict by entering Articles com_content Universal URL restriction. Url parameter view = catagory. AND Url parameter catagory_id = 159. this did not work

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Oct 2016 09:07

gregoconnor restrict view of all joomla articles in a particular catagory

Download and install special adapter for Joomla core content. That one will make it much more simplier to restrict a category.

And also notice that when you test it as admin restriction might not apply. Check it as registered user.

gregoconnor VIP
29 Oct 2016 02:13

You are the best. thank you for including this addon in the lifetime membership. There was nothing for me to do. I installed ,then went back to the front end, set the catagory and all was well. note that subcatagories must also be chosen the children of a catagory are not restricted unless you do them individualy. Thank you once again for the last 8 years of an excelent product Gregory, California USA