ciltin
Total posts: 3
14 Jan 2015 18:51

I am used cobalt for my dictionary, many words submit in cobalt But glossory plugin dont show correct word. For example when added this words and defination
1- joomla :content management 2 -oomla: sort content

plugin show on frontpage only oomla defination: oomla" data-content="content management" class="glossary">joomla

sory for bad english added screenshot

Title

glossryj

Last Modified: 24 Oct 2019

Tags Cobalt 9

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Jan 2015 06:24

The problem is when glossary plugin mits defenition inside the link or HTML attribute and try to create another link. Tryt o chose different type of glossary.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
15 Jan 2015 09:11

Would be cool, if this issue could be solved. At least improved and minimized.

Do you remember the older topic and comments about "Glossaries"? There I had mentioned some older extensions, where it seemed to work better. e.g. There was an option to show only FIRST occurence. And some other parameters. Maybe they had a really smart "content parser" or RegEx-algorithm ?!

BTW, the last update happened some time ago. Ext-Manager info shows: v8.15, 27 July 2011 MightyExtensions! ;)
It would be nice to restrict the content plugin for certain J! categories and/or articles IDs. Maybe even on MenuItemIDs. I have seen this in other plugins. (if it makes sense and saves performance!)

Sergey
15 Jan 2015 10:08

Alexandr Hmelnitsky works on this plaugin right now. It will be totally refactured and work as system plaugin instead of content plugin thus highlight any defenition not only those text that is processed though content plugin.

pepperstreet VIP
15 Jan 2015 23:20

Sergey Alexandr Hmelnitsky works on this plaugin right now

Cool news. Thanks for notification.

So, the whole page buffer/DOM is parsed like NoNumber.nl plugins do... Hopefully some smart parameters are added as well. I mean, options that allow to run the plugin in certain "contexts". Looking forward to it!

PS: I guess you are not talking about the pianist ;) :D

drinkmaker VIP
Total posts: 25
19 Jan 2015 10:36

mean, options that allow to run the plugin in certain "contexts".

Roger That.

Anything else?

Feel free to add your feature requests.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
19 Jan 2015 14:42

some idea :) Glossary term is inserted in URL to enhance your website SEO (using joomla native URL optimization)

Add synonyms in tooltips

pepperstreet VIP
19 Jan 2015 17:48

Currently there is a parameter to choose the description field.
Is it possible to add an image field, too? So, the tooltip would show a thumbnail preview.

pepperstreet VIP
19 Jan 2015 17:57

ToolTip appearance and direction. I guess, in Joomla3 the style is bootstrap PopOver.
Maybe it should support the different orientations/directions?! i.e. top, bottom, left, right.

clowride VIP
19 Jan 2015 17:58

pepperstreet Currently there is a parameter to choose the description field.

Is it possible to add an image field, too? So, the tooltip would show a thumbnail preview. Nice idea

pepperstreet VIP
19 Jan 2015 18:06

Limit occurence

If a term has multiple occurences on the page, it might be better not to highlight every term.
Maybe better to have a parameter to limit it to the first occurence only. Or maybe an input for a max limit?

Benefits:
- cleaner page and text appearance, less clutter and eye distraction, faster overview.
- Most likely better performance, especially whith "Link" option.

Sergey
20 Jan 2015 05:28

pepperstreet Currently there is a parameter to choose the description field.

Is it possible to add an image field, too? So, the tooltip would show a thumbnail preview.

This is cool one :) I like it.

As all the others.

Sergey
20 Jan 2015 06:22

If defenition is the link to the full article, parameter for no-follow attribute.

clowride VIP
21 Jan 2015 15:24

Sergey If defenition is the link to the full article, parameter for no-follow attribute.

Please can you explain me why no-follow ?

pepperstreet VIP
21 Jan 2015 19:42

Sergey link to the full article, parameter for no-follow attribute.

Please, can you explain further? I have thought all links would be INTERNAL site references, which are good for SEO etc.

Sergey
22 Jan 2015 00:58

In some cases internal linking like this may change PR balance between pages toward Glossary defenitions, since it is most common imternal links.

clowride VIP
22 Jan 2015 06:29

pepperstreet VIP
22 Jan 2015 08:32

clowride here you are a link http://www.wikiweb.com/internal-linking-structure/

Merci! C'est un bon article ;)

ciltin
Total posts: 3
06 Feb 2015 09:53

Im changed field type to html but problem did not fixed " data-content=" gone but " class="glossary"> already show on frontpage

Sergey
08 Feb 2015 02:42

Working on that.