cns_webmaster VIP
Total posts: 21
21 Nov 2014 16:17

How can I remove the 'Make featured for 30 days option' from records? I use Cobalt for a directory system and have many Cobalt Editors, they are not Super Admins. I cannot seem to find a way to remove the 'Make featured...' option.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 24 Nov 2014

cns_webmaster VIP
21 Nov 2014 16:45

After reading some other posts it would appear this is somehow changed through Type-> Emerald 9, but I don't understand what to change. Here is a screenshot of my Emerald 9 tab.

Emerald 9

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Nov 2014 22:21

Hello, what are your "editors"? Did you create some "Moderators" as SuperAdmin in frontend...

Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-22 um 23.17.12

You can set different rules and allow certain actions for each moderator:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-22 um 23.15.43

Simply disable/uncheck the respective action.

pepperstreet VIP
22 Nov 2014 22:31

Also hence the Type -> Properties -> Who can moderate -> ACL selectbox
Not sure how it does influence the moderation workflow.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-22 um 23.24.31

cns_webmaster VIP
24 Nov 2014 20:38

Hi pepper,

Thanks for the reply.

The way people edit my Cobalt entries is by being placed in a Joomla Access group called 'Directory Editors'. Then from Type-> Properties-> Who can moderate I have selected 'Directory Editors'.

The screenshot you have with 'Set Moderator' I have never seen before. This may be because in my particular site I have disabled the user menu from appears in each section. I am also on v8.360 so maybe this is a newer feature?

I have also tried making a new menu item of Cobalt Type-> Moderators which I think may give me these options. But when I try to navigate to the page I get a permissions denied error(even as a SuperAdmin).

Is there any way to modify the moderator rules from the backend?

pepperstreet VIP
24 Nov 2014 21:23

lebo.adam But when I try to navigate to the page I get a permissions denied error(even as a SuperAdmin).

Did you set a "Global Moderator" in Cobalt Configuration?! Most likely this should be your SuperAdmin user account.

Is there any way to modify the moderator rules from the backend?

No. Except for the important global config parameter.

pepperstreet VIP
24 Nov 2014 21:38

lebo.adam The screenshot you have with 'Set Moderator' I have never seen before. This may be because in my particular site I have disabled the user menu from appears in each section.

Yes, I reached it via the "user menu/controls".
In your case, you should create and use that special "Moderators" menuItem.
It gives very fine grained control over actions and even restrictions to certain categories.

I am also on v8.360 so maybe this is a newer feature?

I think the frontend user menu option is the usual way. I am not sure, but the Type parameter "Who can moderate" might be even newer. Seems to be a more simple setting to give all moderator actions to a whole J! ACL. No fine grained control.