tmatbcorp VIP
Total posts: 41
15 Jan 2015 17:06

Hi,

I just noticed I don't have access anymore to one of my website pages with an authentified user (I don't know since when).

When I authentify a user then try and access the page, I get the following error message: Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in C:wampwwwcomponentscom_cobaltlibraryphphelpershtml.php on line 277

This is $type->params->get('properties.item_can_favorite') in the code.

If I comment the lines, I get the same error message for line 171 with the piece of code $section->params->get('events.subscribe_record').

If I again comment the lines, the page displays fine.

I assume there might be a configuration issue regarding to my section and type, do you confirm? I set No one for everything in Events parameter tab of the section but still have the problem.

Would you know which options I have configured wrong (if the problem comes from this)?

Thanks in advance, Regards

Last Modified: 26 Jan 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Jan 2015 02:18

I'll release new CObalt version in few hours. PLease update and report if problem is gone.

tmatbcorp VIP
19 Jan 2015 09:26

Hi,

I have just installed Cobalt version 8.623 and still get the error Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\components\com_cobalt\library\php\helpers\html.php on line 277.

The error still comes from $type->params->get('properties.item_can_favorite').

Any idea where the problem comes from?

Sergey
20 Jan 2015 09:47

I can only think that you have record in your DB which type was deleted or something like this. Check it, if you cannot find anything, give me access and I'll see.

tmatbcorp VIP
26 Jan 2015 09:38

Hi,

We solved the problem by correcting components\com_cobalt\library\php\helpers\html.php file.

We changed if(!in_array($type->params->get('properties.item_can_favorite') to if(!empty($type->params) && !in_array($type->params->get('properties.item_can_favorite') on line 277.

We changed if(!in_array($section->params->get('events.subscribe_record') to if(!empty($section->params) && !in_array($section->params->get('events.subscribe_record') on line 171.

Regards

Sergey
26 Jan 2015 10:44

I know that this way you can avoid error display. but you do not cure the system. there is still something which is not supposed to be there. Better to find why there is no type and section. You did тещ set parameters somewhere.