Total posts: 152
20 May 2017 21:35

Hi, I have te following structure

1 section with 2 main categories:

• Projects (1st category) with the following sub categories

projects segments yy

project segments xx

project segments zz

• Old and finished Projects (2nd category)

with the following sub categories

Old projects segments yy

Old project segments xx

Old project segments zz

Now I am using Cobalt - Module - Categories to navigate directly to categories and projects in side categories which are the actual records I have setup the module for Initial Category to be 2 so I can have difrent navigation for projects and old projects which are the main 2 categories I have so the navigation starts with the subcategory of the intial category which is category 2 for projects and category 3 for old projects.

The option for displaing records is not working I can't show records inside subcategories for any of the templates shipped with cobalt, So what is it that I am doing wrong and how can I show records in subcategories?

Thank you.

Last Modified: 22 May 2017

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 May 2017 01:58

darkhoros The option for displaing records is not working I can't show records inside subcategories for any of the templates shipped with cobalt, So what is it that I am doing wrong and how can I show records in subcategories?

Sorry, I am not sure if I got the real issue...

Do you have a problem with the module display?
Or with the resulting list display, after your click on a module link?

The list display is affected by the section parameter Records Mode:

file

darkhoros VIP
Total posts: 152
21 May 2017 09:00

Thank you for your kind reply.

ok check this link

http://www.cdcegypt.com/index.php/projects/category-items/1-projects/2-projects

there is a navigation item called all projects if you hover over this link a drop down menu will pop with all subcategories, what I was looking for is to display a sub menu from each category displaying the title of the projects (records) in that category, I have adjusted the record mode you have discribed but no luck.

Can you point me out for what I am missing here?

Thank you.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 May 2017 00:47

darkhoros I have adjusted the record mode you have discribed but no luck.

The parameter has an impact on the list view! Not the module.

The module parameter for "Records display" is not working in all layouts!
At the beginning it was for the "Tree View" only.
I remember it worked for some other layouts later on.

My current quick tests had strange results:
DropDown did not work at all. But it did in the past.
The Record-Items display works only for the first sub-category level, and if I enter a parent category as starting point.

Apparently the Module Categories still needs some fixes, and more likely a total rewrite.
I remember this older topic about some issues and restrictions.

I assume your site main menu uses the module to display some sort of "auto-menu-items". The "default" layout should be the right choice. I guess, the issue is the extra category level. It seems to work, if the items are in the first category. At least my local installation behaves like this. (I have to test this in more detail)

PS: Actually I would not recommend the record-items display. The category name with (total count) is enough info and links directly to the listing. Why would you need all items in the main menu? It might get very long, too.