darkhoros VIP
Total posts: 152
20 Apr 2017 08:45

Hi, I am trying to do a contact section where it stores the contact info when my website visitors like to leave a contact for other realestate records in other section, see the attached image for better understanding, so my plan is using the parent/child field to link contact records, so in the full view template for the realestate section I will use a submission template for the other contact section, so as in the provided image I have the full view for the realestate along side with the contact form, where public and registered users can submit, Now I need only the realestate record owner to be able to see this field of contact info, so when he view the realestate record as logged in user he only can see the content of the parent/child field.

I hope I have explained my self clearly, the question is, is that doable, or should I look for another solution, I like this soltion as it is a cobalt native and no more plugins/components will be needed.

Also if you have any other ideas to enhance such behavior are welcome.

If this is not clear ask me for details.

Thank you. realestate

Last Modified: 24 Apr 2017

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Apr 2017 14:09

Your attached screenshot does not have any contacts. SO it is hard to get clear view of what you want. But i believe I understand.

When you create parent/child relation you can set that author of the parent may attach only children created by him.

Also in your case it is maty-to-many relation. It means that same contact might be attached to diferent realestate articles.

Also parent/child can create link Show all parent or Show all children 2 types. One is as filter and the other is direct link. To get that lnk and see how it is constructed, play with parameters for Show all link in field parameters.

darkhoros VIP
20 Apr 2017 21:31

hi sergy, thank you for the reply, the contact part is in the screen shot on your right hand side, it has the fields email, name, phone number and question, so my visitors can use to ask question about specific records, it should be a submission template inside the article full view template, is it clear what i like to do now sergy?

like to know your ideas. thank you. regards.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
20 Apr 2017 22:50

darkhoros it should be a submission template inside the article full view template

Hello, this type of "inline" form display is available in Mail field. It is not possible in Relation field. The "Add New..." functionality is a button/link only. You can't embed the respective form directly, it will open as a new page in J! main component area. But with some custom work you might force it to open in a modal window (lightbox), which feels like you stay on the same page.
(I remember, I have tried it with "Regular Labs – Modals Pro", which can open specific URLs in modals and return to the previous page...)

darkhoros VIP
21 Apr 2017 09:30

hi peppet, thank you for your input, ok i am testing with email field, seems like it can do most of the work, but i need to add a phone number field to the email form,

and how do i get some field values from the main record to show in the mail form fields?

thank you for your time.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Apr 2017 18:19

Hence that the Mail field does not store the messages! It just sends the data.
You might add several standard fields to it. See parameter "Additional fields schema" and respective tooltip.
Here is a related topic and older screenshot.
Another related topic about fields schema and separators.
BTW, I have turned the second topic into an "idea/feature request", because of the similar question.

Record's field values inside mail form should be possible. Maybe @Sergey can answer that technical question again...

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Apr 2017 14:04

and how do i get some field values from the main record to show in the mail form fields?

Why? On the same page you have mail form and record fields. it does not matter you show them near each other or record field inside mail form, it will look the same.

Can you describe example what in particualr you want?

darkhoros VIP
24 Apr 2017 23:42

Hi, I need the record field value in the mail form so when a visitor contact me via email regarding an Item, I can be able to know what item page he contacted me from, so if he asks me about a unit price, I would be able to know what item he is contacting me about, so I need the item title or item ID in the email so I can give a reply about the same item my visitor is talking about.

Can you see what I am talking about? Thank you. Regards.