darkhoros VIP
Total posts: 152
17 Jun 2015 10:16

Hi, I have been looking in to the database scheme of cobale I found that fields are listed in 1 table and have column to link it to the type it belongs to, my question is, is it safe to export the table and then modify the fields keys and type id and field id and then import new fileds to the database to have these filed usable in a newly created type with out the need to use cobalt interface, I ask this because I need to create about 20 field across my types and these fields are some what identical.

I hope some 1 can help me in this issue.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 18 Jun 2015

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
17 Jun 2015 11:41

darkhoros I need to create about 20 field across my types and these fields are some what identical.

AFAIK, you can copy/duplicate a type. It will also copy all current fields. So, i would create the type with all your common fields first, then duplicate it as a "pattern".

(Maybe saver then fiddling around with tables and id's.)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Jun 2015 14:26

darkhoros I need to create about 20 field across my types and these fields are some what identical.

In situation like this there is a big chance you are doing something wrong. May be not. Please tell more what you are trying to create. May be there is much better structure that could be done. Why you have so many identical fields? Why you cannot use single type?

darkhoros my question is, is it safe to export the table and then modify the fields keys and type id and field id and then import new fileds to the database

It might be safe but you should not modify keys. Only if you change field label or field type. Only change type ID and IDs.

darkhoros VIP
18 Jun 2015 10:48

Dear pepper, please explain more on how I can do that, I cant find a button either for copy/duplicate nor for patterns.

@Sergey It is my realestate project that you see me posting about alot, you and pepper and other members have helped me to reach a structure, where I have to do these type of duplicate fields, main reason is, there is no built in functionality for conditional show/hide fields when other fields have changed values and respect required status.

Thank you.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Jun 2015 15:10

Here is where button is

2015-06-18_20-59-14

darkhoros VIP
18 Jun 2015 21:03

HAHAHAHAHAHA, NICE SERGEY, I am very proud to acknowledge my stupidity and short of vision, thank you for making know how small I am. Respects.