teeore VIP
Total posts: 20
18 Jan 2018 04:36

Thank you so much for a wonderful extension. I have a question. I have a cobalt section with a category called Projects. I also have a joomla category with the same name. Is there anyway for articles saved under the Cobalt category to also be automatically saved within the Joomla category as well and appear as regular Joomla articles? I have another plugin that gets the Joomla categories and manipulates it a certain way, so I need the articles to appear under the Joomla category too.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 25 Jan 2018

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
18 Jan 2018 08:26

I think you can try something like this https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/obgrabber/

teeore VIP
19 Jan 2018 18:57

No that doesn't work for what I need. But thanks for responding!

teeore VIP
21 Jan 2018 02:08

Can one of the moderators help with this please?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Jan 2018 06:28

Right now there is no solution for that. Cobalt was developed as an alternative to Joomla content. But technicaly it is possible if create plugin that will make HTML snapshot of article on Cobalt article save, and store in Joomla core content. We would not be able to make anything like that, but I am sure any freelancer could do that.

Also it would be nice if you tell what you need it for. Perhaps there are other solutions to your problem.

teeore VIP
21 Jan 2018 16:12

Thanks for your reply. I need it to display in a RokSprocket module. Roksprocket is intergrated with some other CCKs like K2 and Seblod but it doesnt pull my articles from Cobalt. I was thinking there was a way to convert my cobalt categories to Joomla categories. Seblod does this but I prefer Cobalt as I have used this for a while and I think its more polished and less confusing. Thank you.

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
21 Jan 2018 19:04

But why don't you use Cobalt records module? With custom templates you can get any view.

I think it will be easyer then copy content from cobalt to joomla content. Why to store same content in two db tables?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
25 Jan 2018 18:05

Sergey Also it would be nice if you tell what you need it for. Perhaps there are other solutions to your problem.

RokSprocket has Content Providers. Some sort of (user's) documentation is here. Each content provider has respective models and views files. Maybe someone has the time and knowledge to create a Cobalt adaption!? …