nwrightau VIP
Total posts: 99
25 Sep 2014 01:11

Hi,

We've setup a related item field - when it renders out the link and you click the link [full article view] you get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=SELECT title FROM gu3i2_menu WHERE id=

Last Modified: 01 Oct 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
25 Sep 2014 02:48

I looked through all code and I cannot find a place wheer we query #__menu table of Joomla.

nwrightau VIP
25 Sep 2014 03:38

Sergey I looked through all code and I cannot find a place wheer we query #__menu table of Joomla.

Ah, that's actually some of my code doing that - I removed it and no SQL error but that reason it's happening is because the links being rendered out are not the menu item links but the /component/ cobalt links - the problem with this is the active menu items and modules associated with the pages don't display - how can we render out the correct path to these items in the related items field?

Sergey
25 Sep 2014 03:55

In every type parameters set option that assosiate it with menu element.

nwrightau VIP
25 Sep 2014 04:18

Sergey In every type parameters set option that assosiate it with menu element.

I see, it wasn't set for this type. I have set it now, but they still display the same. Regardless, each related item may belong to a different type so they still need to have their menu item urls displayed.

Sergey
25 Sep 2014 06:46

PLease give a link to page with those links.

Sergey
26 Sep 2014 03:15

Ok. Articles in Career. Its type comfigured to what menu element? Cobalt? Cobalt section list type?

nwrightau VIP
26 Sep 2014 04:33

Sergey Ok. Articles in Career. Its type comfigured to what menu element? Cobalt? Cobalt section list type?

This was pointing to a text separator menu item, I read that in one of your documentations. I've changed it to section list now, the URL changes but this doesn't help - the main issue is that the active menu items aren't displayed.

All these articles are linked in the menu, why are they displaying random other links through this module? I can give you login access if you need.

Sergey
26 Sep 2014 08:41

nwrightau why are they displaying random other links through this module

What random links? If you set Menu ID then all articled of this type will have than menu Itemid. And you have to set modules to that menu element.

nwrightau VIP
27 Sep 2014 00:44

Okay here's what I mean,

There is a menu item created for a record, with the url of

/services/ambulatory-community-services/family-violence

now when I select this item as a related [read also] item, it renders the link to whatever the section menu item is set to.

the problem with this, apart from the obvious duplicate links is that the associated modules with that page don't show up.

how can we have it render the menu item url if it exists, if there hasn't been a menu item created then use the section item as a fallback?

EDIT: The records module renders the links correctly.

Sergey
29 Sep 2014 07:22

You just set modules to those item ids. You may set different menu id for section and article so different modules in list view and full view.

nwrightau VIP
29 Sep 2014 07:29

Sergey You just set modules to those item ids. You may set different menu id for section and article so different modules in list view and full view.

I can't set the module when using the read also field.

Also one menu item being set for all read also items doesn't work as some items may be from different areas and need different menu IDs.

Is this something we can add? It's extremely crucial for us, happy to fund it's development.

Read Also field, and the when search cobalt - perhaps just generally when links to records are rendered they should use a menu item path if it has been created, otherwise default to section id.

Sergey
01 Oct 2014 02:34

nwrightau I can't set the module when using the read also field.

read also field show articles of the same section inside full article view. Why Itemids in that field have to be different then current?

nwrightau Is this something we can add? It's extremely crucial for us, happy to fund it's development.

I am happy to add what our customers need. But to be true I am confused. I cannot understand what you want. I read this forum twice, but still I am not clear.