nwrightau VIP
Total posts: 99
01 Sep 2014 02:00

Hi Everyone,

Needing to build a site with cobalt 8, when editing content it needs to be approved by another user before it goes live - content changes also need to be stored as versions and be able to restore back to them. I think Joomla 3 core has this feature and plugins can use it, not sure if it's setup in cobalt though.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Last Modified: 30 Oct 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Sep 2014 05:19

Cobalt has version control built-in. Enable it in cntent type para,eters and also admin approval in content type parameters.

nwrightau VIP
02 Sep 2014 06:43

Hi,

That's very good news. I can see where to enable content versioning. But where can I restore/rollback? Is there a tutorial for this?

Also is there some more information about how workflow approvals can be setup?

Thanks

Sergey
03 Sep 2014 06:57

Create Cobalt Audit Log menu element and all will be there.

Sergey
04 Sep 2014 00:12

pepperstreet Is this a feature or a bug? ;)

Feature. Version control only for people with special privileges.

nwrightau VIP
18 Sep 2014 06:50

Hi,

Version control is working nicely, few questions though:

• How do I set permissions to users and groups? Is this only possible on the front end?
  • When creating new items with a user that doesn't have privleges to publish, the item is created unpublished. This is great, how do I set this up to also happen with edits? I want to give some users privelges to make edits, but a moderator must approve those edits before they are published.

Thanks

Sergey
18 Sep 2014 09:42

grindstone How do I set permissions to users and groups? Is this only possible on the front end?

What permissions?

grindstone When creating new items with a user that doesn't have privleges to publish, the item is created unpublished. This is great, how do I set this up to also happen with edits? I want to give some users privelges to make edits, but a moderator must approve those edits before they are published.

In type parameters there are separate options for autoapprove on create and edit too.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
18 Sep 2014 14:56

Sergey In type parameters there are separate options for autoapprove on create and edit

mj_cob_type_submission_auto_approve_new_edit

nwrightau VIP
18 Sep 2014 23:58

Thanks I had seen those optinos and set them to no, but the issue is I have created a registered user but they are unable to edit any content.

Content is created by super users in this case, it may be created by registered users later - but anyone with edit priveleges needs to be able to edit any content on the site regardless of who it was created by - their edits [if they only have edit, but not publishing priveleges] should be approved by an admin before they are pushed live onto the site.

Any ideas how to do this?

Sergey
19 Sep 2014 01:01

I added who can edit parameter in type submission section. Will be there with next update on Thursday.

nwrightau VIP
19 Sep 2014 02:54

Sergey I added who can edit parameter in type submission section. Will be there with next update on Thursday.

Oh good. This coming thursday. 6 days away? It's friday here.

Sergey
21 Sep 2014 04:12

Unfortunately, yes, it is not in latest release. And we do not consider this urgect update to release during the week. Is it ok for you to wait?

nwrightau VIP
21 Sep 2014 23:18

Sergey Unfortunately, yes, it is not in latest release. And we do not consider this urgect update to release during the week. Is it ok for you to wait?

Yes we can wait until thursday.

nwrightau VIP
26 Sep 2014 00:01

Hi,

The new version adds the who can edit, which is good - now I can set the user groups that are allowed to edit. But there is no approval, despite auto approve edited articles being set to NO.

When a user with non super user priveleges edits an article, the changes need to be approved before they go live. Urgently need to get this sorted, is there something I'm missing or just another bug in the component?

Thanks

nwrightau VIP
26 Sep 2014 00:43

I realised the user was in the publisher group, so I set the user to registered group.

Who can edit is set to registered, who can moderate is set to super users.

Registered users cannot edit anything.

Sergey
26 Sep 2014 02:24

To sort your issue please give me your site login access. Also tell me what is type name we are talking about. And link on frontend where those types are listed. Also registered user or author access credential and instruction how to reproduce error.

Because I read this whole topic and I kinda lost. Cannot understand what is your real problem.

nwrightau VIP
26 Sep 2014 04:49

Sergey To sort your issue please give me your site login access. Also tell me what is type name we are talking about. And link on frontend where those types are listed. Also registered user or author access credential and instruction how to reproduce error.

Because I read this whole topic and I kinda lost. Cannot understand what is your real problem.

Hi which email address can I send you login details on? All registered users need to be able edit content of all types and sections, these edits then need to be approved by an admin.

Sergey
26 Sep 2014 08:49

You can post it here in private comment.

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
30 Sep 2014 08:51

Can't login with your credentionals. Please give more info about wich types and user you test.

nwrightau VIP
03 Oct 2014 07:03

Konstantin Can't login with your credentionals. Please give more info about wich types and user you test.

I've updated the private comment above.

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
06 Oct 2014 06:02

Fixed. Will be in the next release.