bonzomedia VIP
Total posts: 39
24 Nov 2016 11:25

Sergey,

I have a majoy issue with my Emerald 10 Stripe payment gateway.

My client is in a membership renewal cycle (with many of their members renewing or joining) and we are getting this error message after a payment has been processed.

WARNING cus_96xxxxxxxxxxx already has the maximum 25 current subscriptions

cus_ number above is obscured.

Could you please investigate this as a matter of urgency as my client is unable to to process any memberships at present.

I will also Skype you.

Last Modified: 06 Dec 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Nov 2016 11:36

This is restriction by Stripe.

https://groups.google.com/a/lists.stripe.com/forum/# !topic/api-discuss/hcJGxd_n7qc

bonzomedia VIP
24 Nov 2016 11:39

Thanks but these are different members. Unless that is, the Stripe payment gateway is not correctly setting up the customer with Stripe?

Sergey
24 Nov 2016 11:47

On that forum you can read that Strip limit 25 subscriptions per customer. You have to ask them to raise your limits.

bonzomedia VIP
24 Nov 2016 12:18

No. You are missing the point. These are new customers.

For each subscription your code should be passing in an email address, Stripe uses this to identify a subscriber as a new customer, and EACH of these customers can have up to 25 subscriptions.

My suspicion is that your code is not setting the email address and Stripe is assigning a subscription to an automatically generated customer number which is not unique (based on a blank email address). Looking at the Stripe dashboard I can see that this customer number has many subscriptions assigned to it and it has now reached the Stripe limit.

This appears to happen for new memberships on my client's site. Renewals are working fine, and to renew the member has to be logged in.

It looks like for non-logged in members (i.e. new customers) that there is a fault in your code which is not setting up the email address in the subscription data passed into Stripe.

bonzomedia VIP
24 Nov 2016 12:56

So, I have checked with Stripe. They have explained that the customer object is something that needs to be created during the transaction process. Email address is not something that they use to identify a new customer. So it sounds as if your code is not correctly creating a new customer object correctly.

bonzomedia VIP
25 Nov 2016 08:59

Any update on this Sergey? My client is dead in the water and can't process new memberships...

Sergey
29 Nov 2016 11:47

I checked Stripe plugin once again and tested it on test account I have. Everythign works fine. Customer is created normaly.

PLease check in your Stripe acount. Find customer that have this error and see what subscription he has.

bonzomedia VIP
30 Nov 2016 13:00

There's only one Stripe customer - a customer object that has been created previously and incorrectly.

This customer is having multiple plans and multiple subscriptions applied to it.

Like I said before there is an issue and it continues to stop my client being able to process subscriptions.

This would be better switched over to Skype - I will try you there, as there is a lot of interactive things that you'll need to learn from our Stripe dashboard in order to debug this!

bonzomedia VIP
05 Dec 2016 15:42

This is still broken and urgent. I have sent you information on Skype, but have not had a response.

Sergey
06 Dec 2016 05:21

bonzomedia There's only one Stripe customer - a customer object that has been created previously and incorrectly.

This customer is having multiple plans and multiple subscriptions applied to it.

try to delete it in table jos_user_profiles. Fins all records with profile_key = emerald.stripe and then your customer. Delete this record. Next time gateway will create new customer.

bonzomedia VIP
06 Dec 2016 09:11

No. No. No.

Again, these are different subscribers, i.e. different, unique customers.

I have spoken with Stripe. They have told me that your code is not correctly creating the customer object and all these different subscribers/customers are being assigned to a single customer object on the Stripe side. That is what is causing the issue.

Your suggestion above does not apply.

EMERALD_STRIPE