BrettVorster VIP
Total posts: 14
22 Jul 2015 08:31

Hi,

Is there a way that I can also unsubscribe a user from a mailchimp list?

Can I subscribe a user to multiple lists?

for example:

I have a user / subscriber.

He pays membership for this year, but doesnt renew next year.

He now doesnt have access to member content on the site and shouldnt have access to member content newsletter. But can still recieve general newsletter? Is that possible? - automated, in that mailchimp is notified to deactivate the user on the members only list...

Last Modified: 27 Jul 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Jul 2015 13:45

Why? There are options in that action that can not only unsubscribe user but even delete user account completely.

Note also that user have to visit your site at list once after subscription expired in order that deactivation action was triggered. If user do not do that, there is no deactivation actions are triggered. usually it is no problem for all the other actions, but in case of this integration, that may allow user to receive letters litle bit longer if he does not open the site.

BrettVorster VIP
Total posts: 14
24 Jul 2015 08:00

Hi Sergey,

thank you for getting back to me. That does make sense, so what you are saying is:

Yes I can a subscriber during subscription active on 2 lists (or however many I have) and on expiration of the subscription only if they visit the site does the action run and they are unsubscribed/ removed from the list.

Maybe its possible to setup a cron job to check every month? subscribers who are active/ inactive and then just run the action?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Jul 2015 05:15

BrettVorster Maybe its possible to setup a cron job to check every month? subscribers who are active/ inactive and then just run the action?

Unfortunately that is not possible. Because action have to be triggered with currently logged in user. We cannot run action anonymously.

Could you simply insert some links into your newsletetr to your website? Then whenever user click the link, actions are triggered. And if not, then it means he either not reading or not interested anyway.