meijermanon
Total posts: 14
20 Mar 2016 13:15

Hi there,

I was wondering where I could change the tooltip-texts? I have a database (www.watzitwaarin.nl) with a search page. You can search in each field, but if you click on any of the field names, you get the tooltip text 'type to receive suggestions'. I would like to change this to Dutcht test, because the whole website is in Dutch. I have been searching for quite a while now, but can't find it. Anybody an idea where I can change this? Thanks! Manon

Last Modified: 22 Mar 2016

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
21 Mar 2016 00:26

Have you tried a language override? Extensions > Language(s) > Override > New

Create a new Dutch language override for:

Language Constant = CTYPETOSUGGEST

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Mar 2016 00:28

Hello Manon,
I can find 2 occurences and locations in Cobalt:

A.) Cobalt's main english language file contains
CTYPETOSUGGEST="Type to receive suggestions"
This one can be changed via the Joomla core Language Manager... Overrides...
Search for the CONSTANT or the text value. Replace text to your liking. An Override is save on updates.

B.) Cobalt 3rdparty JavaScript file in /Joomla/media/mint/js/autocomplete , around line# 34
TextboxList.Autocomplete.js
(PS: I guess this one is not used. There is a placeholder text, but the option seems to be set to "false")

meijermanon
21 Mar 2016 08:28

Thanks very much! It works!

meijermanon
21 Mar 2016 08:42

I see that ther is one more tooltip in English, it says 'record has any of selected values'. I tried like the other tooltip to find which constant I need to make the override, nut the only one I can find is CRECORDHASANYVALUE. If I make the override here as I did with the other one, the text is still in English. Anybody an idea?

pepperstreet VIP
21 Mar 2016 14:39

Hello Manon,
actually it should work as expected. I found the CONSTANT and 9 occurences in field filter templates.
As far as I can see, all have a proper JText:: markup in those PHP files...
Please, check twice if you have created the override correctly.

meijermanon
21 Mar 2016 15:16

Problem solved. I could not find the crecordhasanyvalue constant in the Dutch part, so I made the override for the English version, but that didn;t work. I added the override to the Dutch part now and it works, thanks again for the help!

pepperstreet VIP
22 Mar 2016 00:37

meijermanon Problem solved. I could not find the crecordhasanyvalue constant in the Dutch part, so I made the override for the English version, but that didn;t work. I added the override to the Dutch part now and it works, thanks again for the help!

Do you use the en_EN language files? Or do you use an (empty) nl_NL file? That might be the cause of your previous issue and not working override. I guess, Joomla looks for the initial, proper dutch file beforehand! So, if your site runs in dutch language, you have to have both files. The original language file AND the override.

As far as I can see, the downloads depot and Transifex repository does not have a dutch translation ;)
You might join Transifex and help with dutch translation...