meijermanon
Total posts: 14
30 Sep 2015 12:01

Hi there,

I am filling my database with records for quite a while now, but suddenly I get a lot of error messages when trying to save a new record. The message always starts with '126 incorrect key file' but is not always the same. When I trie to save the same record again, most of the times it works. But it is annoying anyway. Can somebody tell me how to solve this?

A few examples of the complete error messages I got today:

126 Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_3ee2_0.MYI'; try to repair it SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM i6zjk_js_res_record 126 Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_3ee2_0.MYI'; try to repair it SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROMi6zjk_js_res_fields126 Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_3ee2_0.MYI'; try to repair it SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROMi6zjk_js_res_record_values`

Thanks, Manon

Last Modified: 01 Oct 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Sep 2015 13:43

Something happened to your DB. You have to analyze, check and chen repait tables. And after that optimize. Sometime that happen. For example there was server crash during write transaction and now data mismatch keys.

meijermanon
30 Sep 2015 16:33

Analyze, check and repair tables? And then optimize? And how do I do that? I haven't got the slightest idea... Anyone? I'm not a programmer, I just use the software...

Manon

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
01 Oct 2015 01:07

Hi Manon,

read this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2011050/mysql-126-incorrect-key-file-for-table and then decide if you need the help of experts to fix this.

meijermanon
01 Oct 2015 19:23

Thanks, Jeff, I understand that this is not the place for this problem.

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
01 Oct 2015 23:39

Well, there is always place here for problems like this, because you might find someone that has / had similar issues.

Sometimes you are lucky to find an answer, and sometimes you just have to dig in deeper.

Good luck!