hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
17 Aug 2015 16:17

Hi Sergey,

I have implemented a new template that uses:

Jquery v1.11.2 (as Joomla does) and Bootstrap v3.3.5 (customized). When I click on "add a new address" button during the purchase, it does not work and the form does not slide down. Actually it stays invisible. When I interfere the code and make it visible manually, I see that the countries combobox is totally broken.

Most probably this support is beyond what you offer since I have modified the original Bootstrap of Joomla so I am eager to pay. How can I modify the Javascript or the form page so that it works again. Currently I can't sell my products to the new members who don't have a recorded address information.

http://www.zestcoaching.net/daily-practices.html

You can create a new user to see how it works (or it doesn't work).

If it is because of an additional unwanted javascript load like mootools or whatever, I have a plugin that disables the load of that JS as well. So I can disable any js on any menu page. FYI.

My custom Bootstrap.js lacks modal part of the js, but when I used the complete bootstrap.js, it still didn't work.

Thanks again.

Last Modified: 24 Aug 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Aug 2015 10:32

Coblt is developed to be used with Bootstrap 2. It is the one used by Joomla. When Joomla go to Bootstrap 3 (which will never happen as we all know by now) then we switch too.

jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
19 Aug 2015 10:45

Sergey, sorry to say but if you are going to continue stick with joomla standards regarding bootstrap version, I think you're doing a big mistake, if you check most of important extensions and templates frameworks you'll see that they all already uses bootstrap 3.x I'd say you should follow that also.

I think would be more easy for people to find templates/frameworks with bootstrap 3.x then templates with bootstrap 2.x in this days.

At last in Cobalt9 and Emerald10, use bootstrap 3.

No offense, this is just my opinion.

Rgds

hakana VIP
19 Aug 2015 15:25

Hi Sergey,

I am very surprised with your answer. Because you have been always available for help so far. You might be either busy or tired, I don't really know.

Maybe there was a misunderstanding. So just for clarification, I would like to ask you once again. I don't want you to change anything in Emerald in general. I just think that you can personally help me to create a template overwrite.

Since you are the coder of this extension, you can easily understand what makes that combo box stop working. And as I told you before, I can pay for this extra working hours. I still think that it is some kind of template overwrite and an easy task for you since I know what you have have achieved so far.

So as a brief answer, can you tell me, if you can work for or not maybe for an hour to fix this unexpected problem? If not, I need to hire an experienced developer and it will take him more to understand your coding, how the combo box works and what stops that.

The site is giving an error and I haven't made any sales in the past week. Looking forward to hearing your answer.

Kind regards, Hakan

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Aug 2015 06:16

Create an account for me I'll test.

hakana VIP
22 Aug 2015 23:12

Find #invoice_data,
Delete "class:hide;"
Add style="display:none;"

The problem is solved.