hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
15 Aug 2014 11:17

Hi Sergey,

When I define a discount for the first purchase, everything is OK and the discount is seen on the emlist page. But when I define a special discount on the cross plans tab, the first purchase discount is no longer available and not seen on emlist page. Did you do it on purpose or is it a bug? I would like to use "first time discount" together with the "cross plan discounts". What was your concern if you did this on purpose?

Kind regards, keep up the good work :-)

Last Modified: 24 Aug 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Aug 2014 04:23

It is on purpose. Only one discount may be applied at a time. If you apply coupon, then even cross plan discount will gone.

hakana VIP
18 Aug 2014 04:56

I agree that only one discount can be applied at a time. But to me, the logic is wrong. If there is a first time discount, that should be available at all first purchases, but not the crossplan discount. If there are any drawbacks of applying the first time discount in the way I just told you, I can't think of it right now.

Sergey
18 Aug 2014 08:25

Щрб you mean order! First discount have to override crosplan discount? Or may be even we should apply bigest discount?

hakana VIP
20 Aug 2014 06:52

Sergey you mean order! First discount have to override crosplan discount? Or may be even we should apply bigest discount?

I have been thinking about this. Let's discuss it. I think the best solution would be this:

In the current case, the system does not check what the user had bought before. It only checks if there is any cross plan discount in the plan settings. If there is a cross plan discount (no matter if the user had bought those cross plans or not), it shows the cross plan discount and it hides the first purchase discount.

How it should be is: If the user had not bought any of those cross plans, first purchase discount should be valid. Emerald should check if the user had bought any of those plans listed in cross plan settings and then cross plan discount should be valid.

As a summary:
In the current case, to make a discount, Emerald checks the if there is any cross plan that is selected in the plan settings. It does not check if the user had bought any of those selected plans in the settings. But it should check what user had bought to apply the cross plan settings.

If all these is not clear for you, I can explain them on Skype.

Sergey
20 Aug 2014 11:33

Ok. I changed that. Now we check for discount only if crossplan discount was applied.

hakana VIP
24 Aug 2014 11:19

Thanks Sergey, this seems to be working logically now.