hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
11 Jul 2014 22:16

I want to show some modules only to UNPAID subscribers and I want to hide them from PAID subscribers. What is the best way to do this?

You might say that create a position in the template with the right unpaid parameters. But I will add many plans in the future so I dont want to modify the template all the time. Looking forward to hearing your ideas. :-)

Last Modified: 13 Jul 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
12 Jul 2014 01:12

I can imagine two ways...

1. Custom HTML module (prepare content option ON). Insert Emerald plugin syntax + Joomla plugin syntax for loadmodule or loadposition (alternatively you may use NoNumber.nl ModulesAnywhere and even ArticlesAnywhere)
  2. Emerald Action to assign/revoke a certain J! usergroup. Then you can use J! core module manager and ACL-parameter for viewing access.

hakana VIP
12 Jul 2014 05:40

Hi pepperstreet,

Can you give an example for the first one? a few lines of code?

For your second solution, when I assign the subscriber to a certain user group, how can I hide a module from that user group? In the module manager, I only know "show this module to this user group. I am just a little bit confused, this needs a little elaboration. Thanks for your help.

hakana VIP
12 Jul 2014 06:01

Also, please consider that these modules will always appear at the same module position. Does this info make the "modifying the template solution" easier? Maybe I can create a module position which is specific to Emerald. But how will be the rest of the solution, I couldn't imagine.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Jul 2014 12:27
  1. You can use this syntax right in Joomla template where module position is located.

http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/emerald/restrict-anything/

2. To use Joomla core ACL you have to create accesslevel and put that special grou to that access level. Now in module chose that access level

2014-07-13_20-20-12

hakana VIP
13 Jul 2014 19:38

Thank you I am clear now :-)