dereks1961
Total posts: 4
03 May 2014 14:09

I love the cookbook app for Cobalt 8 but I am having a couple problems. Is there a way to select multiple categories when entering a new recipe? How do you edit ingredients or directions of a recipe?

Last Modified: 10 May 2014

andiamine VIP
Total posts: 295
03 May 2014 18:54

1 - Selecting multiple categories :

1 - Login to backend -> components -> Cobalt -> Types -> Edit Recipe Type 2 - check attached screenshot select multiple cats 2 - Follow this steps to edit ingredients or directions of a recipe for public users. edit fields 1 change fields 2 make sure this option disabled disable this option too

dereks1961
04 May 2014 15:02

You guys are AWESOME!

I can't tell you how many times I looked for that multiple categories option. I knew it had to be somewhere. Guess I was just overwhelmed by the number of options.

Thanks again Derek

andiamine VIP
04 May 2014 18:02

You are welcome :D

dereks1961
07 May 2014 15:32

After making the changes to "ingredients" and "Directions" to allow editing I noticed items imputed would not show up until apply button of submit butten were clicked on. To fix this I changed the two fields from multi select to HTML, then put the editor in simple mode. Next in the site/config/deafault_record_recipe_advanced.de... I changed the appropriate keys. I feel the HTML editor makes it much easier inputing ingredients and directions, also makes editing much easier keeping the same look and layout when viewing the recipe. Thought you might want to consider this change in future releases.

Once again Cobalt and the recipe app are two of the best extensions I have found to date and will be using other add-ons from you in the future. Thanks again

dereks1961
07 May 2014 15:34

The only other thing i would suggest is an "additional notes" that would be displayed under Directions.

andiamine VIP
08 May 2014 06:31

Thanks noted !

next release will have related recipes in recipe post, also a new layout for recipe post.

About ingredients and directions fields, i think multiselect is the best way :) for me to display ingredients list and works fine, i didn't find any issue, and i see u are able to make ur custom changes :) so everything is good until now, but just one thing if u change fields u will lose recipe scheme for those 2 fields, i will see in next release if i can make it compatible with html or text field.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
09 May 2014 20:20

@andiamine Recently I have visited your demo pages. There seems to be a minor layout issue under your main image. This happens in Safari 6 in all your template demos. See the two column area below:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-05-09 um 22.04.22

I think it is caused by this CSS rule and the padding: 5px; :

.article.recipe-listing div.divright

This small change seems to work for me:

padding: 5px 5px 0px 0px;

Result:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-05-09 um 22.19.35

andiamine VIP
10 May 2014 13:18

Thanks my friend :D , i will fix it in next update :D