davebelbear
Total posts: 15
29 Apr 2014 09:41

Hello all,

My users have been complaining about a sporadic error where they can’t submit a record because of disallowed HTML tags (I use JCE for my HTML editor). The field is set to filter <script> and <iframe> tags. The problem tag for my users though is “&nbsp” which seems very confusing to me. I have tested this with multiple users and it has been consistently a problem.

Am I the only one having this problem? What could be the source?

Last Modified: 30 Apr 2014

jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
29 Apr 2014 10:27

I can confirm this also, sometimes it says illegal html code even when toggleing editor i dont see any ilegal code in there

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 Apr 2014 14:11

Se parameters. Sometimes people just copy/past text from web or word. That can contain tags that are not alloed. You also can turn HTML filtering off in field parameters.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 Apr 2014 14:14

You could see that because you have entered <script> without escaping it, it brok the page. that is why filters are needed.

davebelbear
Total posts: 15
30 Apr 2014 09:28

I’m having difficulty recreating this consistently - it seems to only happen sporadically.

What I can confirm is the following: 1.) The user was using Chrome on a mobile device 2.) no copy and paste was used - only functions available through JCE 3.) no tags other than and

<

p> were in use 4.) after removing   the problem went away

I’ll post an actual example the next time it manifests itself.