davebelbear
Total posts: 15
14 Apr 2014 12:50

Heyo!

I have a site in three langauges Russian, Romanaian, and English. I am using Joomla standard translation / Langauge Overrides for the site. Generally Cobalt works great with this but I have one problem. When using fields to filter a list view Cobalt does not seem to be filtering by the underlying langauge variable. Here is how I would like things to work.

Override (in their seperate files of couse) EN FOO_BAR="foobar" RU FOO_BAR="фуубар" RO FOO_BAR="foobăr"

When I have three items in my list (all with the field item FOO_BAR) and I'm viewing the site in Russian I should see фуубар in the list view. This works. The problem is that when I click it no other records show up even if they all contain this key (boolean, checkbox group, whatever the problem is the same).

Is there a fix to this problem?

Last Modified: 26 Jun 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 Apr 2014 14:18

Can you show me a link to the page with those fields or show me the filter link.

davebelbear
16 Apr 2014 13:23

Here's a link to one of my pages with the proble:

https://www.justasmith.com/sb/index.php/en/get-involved/volunteer-opportunities/items/2-volunteer-opportunities

The site has a bad security certificate so you'll have to disreguard a warning to get there

Sergey
17 Apr 2014 08:50

Make screenshot an highlight what I should look at. I do not know what texts should work and does not.

Also I need login credentials to check your language overrides in backend.

Sergey
18 Apr 2014 12:00

Please confirm you still have the issue after update?

davebelbear
18 Apr 2014 12:10

Confirmed. There is still a problem. It seems like the value of the variable is being compared against the variable name.

Sergey
21 Apr 2014 06:10

davebelbear Confirmed. There is still a problem. It seems like the value of the variable is being compared against the variable name.

Give me more deatail. Like Gor to this page and use this language then look at ... Then switch language and go to the same page and look at..

Sergey
25 Apr 2014 07:09

Fixed in release today.

davebelbear
25 Apr 2014 07:36

Thanks!!!

Sergey
25 Apr 2014 11:43

Works?

davebelbear
29 Apr 2014 09:37

There still seems to be a bug here. Some filters are working and some aren’t. In one case I had a filter “HIV / AIDs” that would bring up 2 / 3 records with this field set (but not the same 2/3 dependent on which I clicked). Additionally sometimes they just don’t work at all.

I have tried to identify a pattern and have not been successful.

davebelbear
26 Jun 2014 11:55

I can confirm that this problem still exists for me. My site is currently live and has no filtering ability due to this problem. Here is a link to a page where you can filter stories by raion / municipality. They are all in “Balti” but when I filter by that none appear.

http://balti.salutmoldova.org/index.php/en/salut-balti/success-stories/items/1-success-story-postings

Sergey
26 Jun 2014 13:33

Requires login access to that page.