istemi
Total posts: 3
09 Apr 2014 15:12

Hi,

I want to create a real estate setup for my website. My main aim is in my articles I want to add a section or something where only one user ( +- admin wont really matter) will be able to edit that part and add houses with information like pictures, adress, price etc... I have my own menus, I dont want to create a new menu for only real estate. Just want to put editible boxes inside my articles, where only one user can edit it.

Is it possible, if it is how?

Last Modified: 10 Apr 2014

golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
09 Apr 2014 15:29

Hi,

Are you talking about Joomla core com_content where you already have your articles? You want to integrate Cobalt with Joomla core com_content articles? If that is what you want, it is impossible, Cobalt generates its own records (articles) and cannot be combined/integrated to Joomla core articles.

golfads VIP
09 Apr 2014 15:30

Forget to tell about this, I am myself currently working on our real estate website using Cobalt alone and its just perfect.

istemi
09 Apr 2014 15:38

It is ok I can recreate the articles, it is just copy paste. I just want a little editable part in articles that only one user can edit. As long as I can enter tags to the article that have been created by Cobalt, it is all good.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 Apr 2014 16:35

I am not sure what you mean. Every user will have only one article?

istemi
09 Apr 2014 17:31

Every real estate user will have one article they can edit, yes!

golfads VIP
09 Apr 2014 18:44

Hmmm, Sergey, I think that @istemi wants to make something that will definitely work based on user access level, with Cobalt, you can create many type of fields, each field has its own features and usability, additionally, each field has its own access level, therefore, fields that only one user (admin) may get access can be set for 'Super Users' only, other fields can be set to registered users or public (depends on you), so that, other users will get access only to these fields.

Additionally, if you want to limit the number of articles (records) that can be submitted per user, you may do it as per the below screenshot:

user_limits

When creating a new type, under the 'Submission Parameters' tab, you can set the number of articles that a user can submit and you can also set who can submit new articles.

Hope this explanation helps and gives you the possibility to create what you are trying to do.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
10 Apr 2014 06:53

istemi Every real estate user will have one article they can edit, yes!

Why? What if I have 2 or 3 houses? I want every hose to have it's own page with picture gallery, location map, description, ...

golfads Hmmm, Sergey, I think that @istemi wants to make something that will definitely work based on user access level, with Cobalt

Thank you for all your topics through all this forum. I fell so good and happy everytime I read your post. You are real treasure for Cobalt community!

golfads VIP
10 Apr 2014 23:18

@sergey Just too bad all other Cobalt users/subscribers do not do the same, indeed not all of them, otherwise Cobalt will be the best, I am even very surprised that on JED here there are only 32 votes/reviews for Cobalt, here in the forum, we can see tons of topics from users asking for support but they are not all thankful for such a great work that you are doing.

I am not telling this to flatter Cobalt team, but you are really doing a very great work, honestly, I am the sole developer of 4 websites for my own company, I am not an expert developer and have not even follow any course for this, but with only some basic knowledge of Joomla, I learned how to use Cobalt and today I am proud that with only the support of Cobalt team, I was able to learn so many things and manage my websites on my own.

That is why I try to help as much as I can because people in the community here have helped me very much and you are still helping me so much, unfortunately, I cannot help with codings as I am not used to these, but since I have learned few things about Cobalt, I try to share it here with other newbies, like me few months ago.