jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
07 May 2015 09:52

Hello Sergey,

Can you add some improvements, so you can know if you have approved an article before ? For example you may have already checked and approved the article, but user may come back and edit it an it gets unpublished, so I was thinking if is possible to know if you have already approved it

Rgds

Last Modified: 17 Sep 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 May 2015 10:47

Question: What difference does it make? If you want to approve articles after new and edit, it does not matter if article is new or edited, you have to check it and publish.

how knowing that this article have already been approved before, change the play?

jimie VIP
12 May 2015 11:07

It can help to not waste anymore time to check if the content submited is a duplicate content from a website, before I approve it I check that and if is duplicate I rewrite the content and then approve.

rgds

Sergey
14 May 2015 13:16

how do you check for duplicates? What is the procedure?

jimie VIP
14 May 2015 14:10

I check with an online tool which allows me to see if that content is also present on other website, if is oky, then I approve the content (If I approve directly without any change, then later if author edit article, I don't know if I approved it before), if not I will edit and rewrite (if I do that I know I have previously approved)

Sergey
19 May 2015 16:27

I see. That is right. Then you have to go throu the same procedure either it is new article or edited, right? I mean from the perspective of admin it is not imposrtant because you have to check it always.

What you can do to simplify your live is to enable audit versioning and simply compare. Then you will see how significant the change was and it text was edited at all.

jimie VIP
10 Sep 2015 14:50

Hey Sergey

Is it possible that when you publish a listing without making changes to place a mark about that in the audit log ? So that I know I have approved it before.

Also about the compare thing, seams that the text/textarea fields don't show anymore what exactly was changed in the field when you click that little button.

Rgds

Sergey
14 Sep 2015 15:56

jimie Is it possible that when you publish a listing without making changes to place a mark about that in the audit log ?

There is audit log already for that. You cannot publish record with changes. When you click article menu publish control, it make single change to article published state.

jimie Also about the compare thing, seams that the text/textarea fields don't show anymore what exactly was changed in the field when you click that little button.

It never showed what exactly was changed incide the text. In only shows the fact that text field was changed but what, you cane to compare manually.

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
17 Sep 2015 20:57

jimie I check with an online tool

Can you tell which online tool you use?