jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
14 Jan 2015 09:41

Hello Sergey,

Currently I`m using "cobal types as comments" for reviews on article, but I'd like to allow article owner to reply to received reviews, what do you suggest would be the better ?:

1. Allow comments in "Reviews" section

or

1. Use a parent/chield field ?

Rgds

Last Modified: 15 Jan 2015

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
14 Jan 2015 10:32

Hi @jimie, I already did that for my site with help from Sergey but with costom coding. You can search for my topics or you can see this document on github Click here to link.... Maybe there are some flaws but it is a starting point.

I never tried to use parent/child field though.

Regards

jimie VIP
14 Jan 2015 10:35

Hello Klox

Thanks for your help, can you show me a link on your website to see how it looks for you ? I`m still not 100% decided if it's good idea or not to allow that.

Rgds

klox7 VIP
14 Jan 2015 10:55

jimie I`m still not 100% decided if it's good idea or not to allow that.

Well it depends.I'm building a travel site where users can add reviews but I think it's also neccessary for hotel owners to be able to add replies, otherwise users can write all kinds of crap. Here is the screenshot:

reviews-with-replies

When you hit "Add reply" it takes you to form with text field. Only thing I didn't do is to show user review in this "reply" form. In this case article owner would see what user said in his review while owner is submiting reply.

jimie VIP
14 Jan 2015 11:12

For the replies, are you defining a new section/type ? or use the same section/type of reviews ?

klox7 VIP
14 Jan 2015 11:21

I'm using the same section but for replies I have subcategory. Regarding type I'm using different type for reviews and replies.

jimie VIP
14 Jan 2015 15:14

Thanks a lot Klox, worked like a charm, one last question, does notifications works oky for you ? I mean do people get notified about new review received and about new replies to their reviews, for you ?

Rgds

klox7 VIP
15 Jan 2015 09:50

Last time I checked I think it's working. I think...:)

jimie VIP
15 Jan 2015 09:54

Oh ya, for me I was having some wrong settings set for reviews section, I was not allowing none to follow section/articles so probably that why no notification was sent.