jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
06 Jul 2014 18:10

Hello Sergey,

I had some investigation and found that submit forms for ( cobalt types as comments, parent ) submit forms cause a lot of duplicate content, the only solution I find to fix this is to:

Open this file:

com_cobalt/views/form/view.html.php

And inside this private function:

private function _prepareDocument()

Insert this:

// META Section
                $meta                = array();
                $meta['description'] = $this->section->params->get('more.metadesc');
                $meta['keywords']    = $this->section->params->get('more.metakey');
                $meta['author']      = $this->section->params->get('more.author');
                $meta['robots']      = $this->section->params->get('more.robots');

MetaHelper::setMeta($meta);

This way the robots tags you set for the type will inserted in that page header and you can tell search engines to nofollow, noindex those submit form pages

Rgds

Last Modified: 08 Jul 2014

jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
06 Jul 2014 18:51

Also:

a) for the compare urls would be good to put a rel="nofollow" tag also

b) in this file:

form/view.html.php

$app->redirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&return='.Url::back().$modal));

For that url which redirects users to login page would be good to insert that rel="nofollow" too

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Jul 2014 09:47

I just added noindex for form page.

jimie form/view.html.php

$app->redirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&return='.Url::back().$modal));

For that url which redirects users to login page would be good to insert that rel="nofollow" too

Google cannot follow this URL. I mean PHP redirects and google end up on that URL but there is not HTML with that URL to add nofolow attribute.

jimie a) for the compare urls would be good to put a rel="nofollow" tag also

Done.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
08 Jul 2014 06:46

hello will it be in next version ?