jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
03 Jul 2014 11:58

Hello Sergey,

Do you have any plans to completely drop using mootools on cobalt ?

I see mootools is still loaded for some cobalt tooltips and also for the gallery field

This would be very nice now that starting with Joomla 3.3x they plan to completely remove mootools from joomla and use only jquery, also that would also improve the load speed for sites as the mootootls files have almost 300-400Kbs in size.

Rgds

Last Modified: 19 Jan 2015

Tags Cobalt 9

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Jul 2014 12:13

Yes. In Cobalt 9 no Mootools at all.

ron.du VIP
Total posts: 113
11 Jul 2014 15:34

Sergey Yes. In Cobalt 9 no Mootools at all.

Hi sergey you are busy . Just i am asking . Its been almost 1 year since you announced the roadmap of C9 . and also Joomla release system has been changed ( there will no LTS right at the moment ). May we know what will be the estimated time of release C9 ? we really need to remove mootools and need inline editing features which planned for C9

Sergey
13 Jul 2014 12:09

ron.du and also Joomla release system has been changed

Yes, and this is what totaly changed our plans. Now release of Cobalt 9 is in priority. We no longer plan release by Joomla 3.5. Cannot tell you a date, but i can tell you that we are working on it and will do all we can to deliver it as soon as possible.

But there are a lot of work.

ron.du VIP
13 Jul 2014 14:23

Sergey

ron.du and also Joomla release system has been changed

Yes, and this is what totaly changed our plans. Now release of Cobalt 9 is in priority. We no longer plan release by Joomla 3.5. Cannot tell you a date, but i can tell you that we are working on it and will do all we can to deliver it as soon as possible.

But there are a lot of work.

Great to hear that Sergey . Will you be kind enough to publish a revised roadmap for c9 ( since lots of feature has been requested and planned for c9 from different forum topics )

Sergey
14 Jul 2014 01:03

ron.du Will you be kind enough to publish a revised roadmap for c9 ( since lots of feature has been requested and planned for c9 from different forum topics )

I'll see what I can do. Do not really have time to spend 2 days of revising old topics and extracting info from there.

ron.du VIP
14 Jul 2014 07:20

Sergey

ron.du Will you be kind enough to publish a revised roadmap for c9 ( since lots of feature has been requested and planned for c9 from different forum topics )

I'll see what I can do. Do not really have time to spend 2 days of revising old topics and extracting info from there.

Thankyou . Roadmap article is not essential . I thought you have already list of features to work with c9 ( you must have ) . But it needs to explore entire forum to make roadmap list then it is not needed

Sergey
14 Jul 2014 08:31

I have list of basic important changes. Global concept changes and so on. I do not have list for every small feature.

My plan was as soon as I finish all global changes, I'll start to go through our forum all ideas one by one and see what I can do.

ron.du VIP
14 Jul 2014 10:05

Sergey I have list of basic important changes. Global concept changes and so on. I do not have list for every small feature.

My plan was as soon as I finish all global changes, I'll start to go through our forum all ideas one by one and see what I can do.

Great :)

andiamine VIP
Total posts: 295
14 Jul 2014 23:34

Great thank you sergey

lacinfosys
Total posts: 2
12 Jan 2015 22:06

Hi Sergey,

Any news/time table for Cobalt 9?

Thanks!

Sergey
13 Jan 2015 11:41

I can only say that Cobalt 9 is still in progress.

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
13 Jan 2015 20:24

Sergey

Anything us, the community, can do about it? I can spend a little time revising old topics and extracting info...

Sergey
15 Jan 2015 09:42

klox7 Anything us, the community, can do about it?

Yes if you go through Cobalt 9 roadmap, and all feature requests and ideas here on the forum and create list of things that was designed for Cobalt 9, will help to go through an confirm what is going to be there abd what is not. At least in initial release.