jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
29 May 2014 20:35

Hello Sergey

Is it possible to limit notification for parents/chield events to be visible just by article owner ?

Because for example in my case if someone submit an inquiry for an article, I dont want users who are following that articke to know that article got an inquiry, but just the owner of that article to be able to see that notification

Rgds

Last Modified: 23 Jun 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 May 2014 23:35

In the next version I made it so that you can make even access special in field parameter. But author of the article will be considered as special anyway.

jimie VIP
30 May 2014 13:56

So starting to that version, if I want notifications for that event to be received/visible only by article owner I just set "Notifications" field to "Special" as showed in attached image, right ?

parent-notify

Rgds

Sergey
01 Jun 2014 23:43

Right.

jimie VIP
18 Jun 2014 08:17

Hello Sergey

I`m not sure if this has been added to latest public version, because I see something strange, I've set those to "specia" and even doing that seams that those who are following that section still get notifications about other owners articles.

Rgds

Sergey
20 Jun 2014 04:12

Some events are for particular users like your article was published. No matter what is access level author of the article will get it.

Also you may test as admin and that is why you get some notifications.

Tell me exact notification that user have received that he should not, so I can check.

jimie VIP
20 Jun 2014 06:36

Seams I received a notification for "new chield" article when I followed that section, even if I`ve set that event for "Special" only

Rgds

Sergey
20 Jun 2014 08:18

Follow section only allow you receive new article event. New child even is only if you folloew article.

jimie VIP
20 Jun 2014 08:37

Outch, is it possible to add option to be able to disallow users who follow article to not get such notification but only article author to be able to receive that kind of notification ?

Because in our case we dont want users to be notified that article got inquiries, only article owner should be infromed about that

Also I found that if you set the notification field to "Special" the message received by article owner, include:

"If you want to unsubscribe from this email or change periodicity, you Sign In and edit your notification settings at section My Menu -> User Tools"

But when you set Notifications field to "Special" only admins can now see those options in notifications settings area.

Rgds

Sergey
23 Jun 2014 05:33

jimie is it possible to add option to be able to disallow users who follow article to not get such notification but only article author to be able to receive that kind of notification ?

No.

jimie But when you set Notifications field to "Special" only admins can now see those options in notifications settings area.

Actualy in this case, user have not get notifications.

jimie VIP
23 Jun 2014 06:04

Actualy in this case, user have not get notifications.

Not sure I understand

Sergey
23 Jun 2014 08:16

What I mean that if you set notification special, registered user will not get that notification.

jimie But when you set Notifications field to "Special" only admins can now see those options in notifications settings area.

make stcreenshot what parameter do you mean?