jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
10 May 2014 19:11

Hello Sergey

Do you think is it possible to add an option in Sections to be able to override the language strings for each section we have for following lang strings ?

• " You are following this article. Click to stop "
  • " Click to start follow this article and get notifications "

I`ve checked but dont find a way to make it be different for each section we have

Rgds

Last Modified: 26 May 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
11 May 2014 22:58

Good point.

Unfortunately, both messages seem to live in Cobalt core files...

• CMSG_CLICKTOFOLLOW="Click to start follow this article and get notifications"
  • CMSG_CLICKTOUNFOLLOW="You are following this article. Click to stop."

locations:

../components/com_cobalt/controllers/ajax.php
../components/com_cobalt/library/php/helpers/html.php

jimie VIP
12 May 2014 06:25

I find others which would be good to be able to be translated based on section:

views/options/tmpl/default.php: <li class=""><a href="#page-recfollows" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo JText::_('CARTFOOLOWS')?></a></li>
views/options/tmpl/default.php: <?php echo JText::_('CUNSUBREC')?>
views/options/tmpl/default.php: <?php echo JText::_('CSUBRECART')?>
views/options/tmpl/default.php: <?php echo JText::_('CAUTSUBDESC')?>

and all this in here:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/03a2sco4c2

jimie VIP
14 May 2014 11:39

Another thing I find needing to be able to override the lang strings are the email events notifications, because for example on website I`ve customized the "Events Parameters" to something while by email something different is sent,

For example on site, when an article was edited i say:

• Program has been edited by [BY] on [ON]

while in email the user gets this notification

• Record edited

And it may be confusing

rgds

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 May 2014 06:29

You can create overrides for CAUDLOG* where * is a digit number of even type. Just look for it in language file. You can create more jeneral text like Item edited. Then it will fit all types.

jimie VIP
15 May 2014 06:39

Hello

CAUDLOG* I dont see what you mean with that lang strings, because seams to me those come from audit log and not from those email event notifications

Sergey
15 May 2014 11:30

Those are only manes of event language keys. They are also used in the other parts of the cobalt.

yurik
Total posts: 16
15 May 2014 12:32

Sergey, we just simply need to have different notifications for different type of sections like Jimie mentioned. Can you please help us to make that happen. Hereis some details: http://awesomescreenshot.com/03a2sco4c2

Thanks!

Sergey
22 May 2014 07:30

We are working on it right now. Hope it will be available in release today. It looked easy but during process it turned out to be more complicated then we thought.

jimie VIP
26 May 2014 14:33

Hello Sergey

I just give a spin to that new build you sent, but I think there is a missunderstood, I dont find any place where to translate those notifications based on the section or type :(

I see something about auditlogs but I dont think its what we want, I think there is a misunderstood, hope I'm wrong.

When going to "Notifications and Follows Settings"

New record added Record viewed Record approved Record edited Record deleted Record rated Record expired Record featured expired Record bookmarked Record tagged Record unpublished Record featured Record extended etc...

Those are still untouched even if I use those input boxes you added in "Audit Trail"

Same for the email notifications received, they dont use those I define in "Audit Trail" tab

I`m attaching also a printscreen:

notifications

notifications2

Also this email events:

emailevent

rgds

Sergey
26 May 2014 23:45

I will check email events again.

But what I added the only things that I can add. I cannot add more parameters to the section. I cannot add parameter for every single element there.

So the solution is that I can add some sort of "Article type" parameter. Let's say you set it "Download" then it will say

• Automaticaly subscribe me to the new download
  • Download edited
  • Download follow

And so on. I will replace Record or article word in every text to this one.

What do you think?