jimie VIP
Total posts: 531
30 Mar 2014 09:54

Would be nice if you can build a inqueries applicate for cobalt8 so the you can give possible to the listing owner to view his inqueries he received for his listing, something like you have in Notifications logs

Last Modified: 29 Aug 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
31 Mar 2014 06:59

Do you mean something like inquire on Alibaba B2B?

jimie VIP
31 Mar 2014 08:07

Yes something like that, so basicly:

1. Visitor can contact the listing owner
  2. Listing owner can check the inquiries he received by going on a dashboard in website fronend

rgds

brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
31 Mar 2014 08:19

This would be a very good addon for cobalt. This will also act like messaging system. Sergey: I also need this, is it possible?

Sergey
31 Mar 2014 08:30

Right now you can use email as inquiry system. Just change button label to Inquire Now.

But we are already pluning cart functionality and one of the payment gateway will be Inquire through Uddim, JomSocial or EasySocial message system or to product owner email.

I'll post later our plans in the news in more details.

brianpat VIP
31 Mar 2014 08:41

Sergey Right now you can use email as inquiry system. Just change button label to Inquire Now.

But we are already pluning cart functionality and one of the payment gateway will be Inquire through Uddim, JomSocial or EasySocial message system or to product owner email.

I'll post later our plans in the news in more details.

Are you planning this for cobalt8 or cobalt 9 release? And any indication on the cobalt9 date?

Sergey
31 Mar 2014 08:59
  1. Cobalt8
  2. No indication

jimie VIP
31 Mar 2014 09:11

I still think it would be better to integrate this directly in colbalt and not use other components to do that, why ? Because would be easier to restriect access based on owner subscription plan he bought.

So for example if the listing owner has a free subscription, you can have a option to restrict listing owner to receive inqueries for his listing, so if he want to get inquieries, he should buy a premium subscription or so

rgds

Sergey
31 Mar 2014 15:16

Thisis possible. We may integrate Emerald integration into email field and allow to send emails only by those who have subscription or to those who has subscription.

In fact it is already there. In email field Emerald 9 tab you can see restriction rules.

andiamine VIP
Total posts: 295
31 Mar 2014 22:32

Great :D

jimie VIP
01 Apr 2014 17:39

That could be a way, but think what if you want to give customers posibility to view their inqueries they received from the website and also posibility to charge them ( listing owner ) based on the number of inqueries they`ll like to purchage for example: plan 1: $XXX = receive 20 inquires plan 2: $XXX = receive 50 inquires plan 3: $XXX = receive 100 inquires plan 4: $XXX/month = no limit on the number of inquires plan 5: $XXX/annually = no limit on the number of inquires

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
02 Apr 2014 00:18

jimie what if you want to give customers posibility to view their inqueries they received from the website and also posibility to charge them ( listing owner ) based on the number of inqueries

Maybe "Cobalt Type as Comment" is a solution. You may list and show "entries" to listing owners; restrict adding entries by Emerald; Not sure if "Usage and Count limit" parameters help out-of-the-box.

Sergey
02 Apr 2014 06:08

jimie That could be a way, but think what if you want to give customers posibility to view their inqueries they received from the website and also posibility to charge them

Agree with pepperstreet. In this case cobalt type as comment is the best solution.

jimie based on the number of inqueries they`ll like to purchage for example: plan 1: $XXX = receive 20 inquires plan 2: $XXX = receive 50 inquires plan 3: $XXX = receive 100 inquires plan 4: $XXX/month = no limit on the number of inquires plan 5: $XXX/annually = no limit on the number of inquires

This sounds interesting. It is possible to add to email fiedl ot type as cobalt.

brianpat VIP
02 Apr 2014 09:03

But the next question is how can we have all these enquires saved in cobalt? Currently all the enquiries are sent to the private email of the record owner. However having it within cobalt can prove to be more useful like any PMS system.

jimie VIP
02 Apr 2014 10:42

Ya that`s a good think to have

Sergey
02 Apr 2014 11:12

brianpat But the next question is how can we have all these enquires saved in cobalt?

As an answer

pepperstreet Maybe "Cobalt Type as Comment" is a solution. You may list and show "entries" to listing owners; restrict adding entries by Emerald

jimie VIP
02 Apr 2014 11:38

@Sergey I still think you guys should do this as a separate feature of Cobalt, I`ve made sure investigations about this and there is no joomla CCK which has a inqueries feature, this will be a great feature to have.

To be able to charge customer per number of inqueries they receive or in order to read the inqueries they receive they should buy a subscription or so

What do you think ?

rgds

brianpat VIP
02 Apr 2014 14:03

Sergey

brianpat But the next question is how can we have all these enquires saved in cobalt?

As an answer

pepperstreet Maybe "Cobalt Type as Comment" is a solution. You may list and show "entries" to listing owners; restrict adding entries by Emerald

Sergey: This is an alternative, but not fulfilling 100% to the fundamental concept of inquiries. Here the record owner needs to visit the page to see the entries and from UI point of view, it is not a good. But you need a kind of central place to see all enquiries and to achieve that you need a field/plugin possibly to integrate with cobalt.

pepperstreet VIP
02 Apr 2014 15:27

jimie do this as a separate feature of Cobalt, I`ve made sure investigations about this and there is no joomla CCK which has a inqueries feature, ...

brianpat This is an alternative, but not fulfilling 100% to the fundamental concept of inquiries. Here the record owner needs to visit the page to see the entries...

Do not forget about the fact, that Cobalt is a CCK. A basis to create all sorts of content types and applications. On top of that basis, it already includes a certain amount of special things and even possible workflows for some applications. I know what you mean by "dashboard" and "UI"... but I think this is not the real focus of Cobalt core development. Maybe something for 3rd-party devs or custom development. (I am sure, if the investigations reveal a functionility that Cobalt lacks in core, it will be implemented sooner or later.)

Cobalt is a "jack-of-all-trades" in a positive manner. And gets very special in combination with Emerald.

It is not a directory component "per se" like SobiPro, MosetsTree, jReviews. (For example SobiPro has special build-in solution for payment and restriction)

IMHO, Cobalt is more "free" and "open" for your applications and ideas. Just be creative ;-)

Best example: This forum.

pepperstreet VIP
02 Apr 2014 15:39

brianpat ...But you need a kind of central place to see all enquiries

I think you can be creative in the way you make things accessible and viewable. Not to mention the "Notification" feature, which can show Activity and new inquiries etc. Maybe via MenuItem(count#) on your User's profile or in User's Menu... maybe as latest inquiries module with Records-module or Notification module etc. Cobalt Type-as-Comment has a central view on section homepage. Or view all inquiries/comments on each article. Possibilities and flavors are great, IMHO.

brianpat VIP
02 Apr 2014 19:06

I believe Cobalt is just not CCK, but rather more kind of web portal construction kit. It has the flexibility that none matches to its standard. I also do not want all functionalities to be integrated with it, because it will slow down. With its current functionalities, it covers lots of basic stuff. But I think Cobalt's functionalities should be definitely extended by implementing different features like thi son through plugin. This way you can achieve speed and anybody wants more can use the plugin.

But one important thing I feel is the current UI. Cobalt should have a central place like dashboard where you all section home page can be accessable. This is going to be easy for end user , otherwise if you have many sections, it actually is confusing end user. The main purpose of UI should be user friendly where can easily acees information at one central place. This is definitely a must for cobalt and I believe this great joomla extension has not this feature.