maleli VIP
Total posts: 87
01 Apr 2014 13:46

Hi, I was wondering if you offer a free trial period in order to test Emerald and see if I can get it working with what I need? Thank you

Last Modified: 07 Apr 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Apr 2014 14:47

You can use our demo wheer you can access all emerald features.

You can also try to explain what is your plan to use it.

But unfortunately we do not aoffer free trial.

Sergey
03 Apr 2014 06:42

Now I see!

I thionk you can easely do it in custom template override. You can use this free API for getting country name. Or you can find a lot of other similar APIs on that site.

What I want to say it is very easy to do in my opinion.

But unfortunately I am not sure I'll add this feature to core Emearld. So it will ermain a customization. But done the way you can safely update Emearld every week.

maleli VIP
03 Apr 2014 14:35

That's what I'd like to try. Do you think I can try something like that in your demo to see if it'll be easy for me? I'm still trying to understand how to create my own templates and gateways.

Sergey
04 Apr 2014 05:59

To create gateway you have to create Joomla layout override. Create file in /templates/[template name]/html/com_emerald/empayment/default.php and copy theer content of /components/com_emerald/views/empayment/tmpl/default.php.

Now you can apply changes to the part of the code that list gateways.

But you will not be able to do it on our demo site. We do not give access to modify files.

maleli VIP
04 Apr 2014 14:14

Thank you, that's what I thought, so that's why it would have been great to have a free trial, to see if I all the specific adjustments I need are possible. Thanks for the info. I'm trying to set it up in Cobalt 7 and Emerald 8 and I know they are different from the latest versions but I'm guessing if I can set it up there, I can find a way to set it up in the Joomla 3 versions, right?

Sergey
04 Apr 2014 15:15

maleli I can find a way to set it up in the Joomla 3 versions, right?

Yes you will. But that would be like you start from scratch. If you have a chance better start from Joomla 3.

maleli VIP
04 Apr 2014 15:56

:S Yes, that's why a trial would be perfect, because I intend to buy the unlimited subscription if I can somehow confirm that I can do what I need to do with Cobalt 8 and Emerald 9, but I understand that the demo is too limited to setup what I need and there's no available trial. So I have no option but to start from scratch if I decide through Cobalt 7 and Emerald 8 testing that I can do what I need to do. Thanks for your help

Sergey
07 Apr 2014 07:35

You will be able to do the same for sure. But better will be not update but start new Joomla. And note that Emerald 9 and Coablt 8 can do much more.