klewas VIP
Total posts: 18
06 Apr 2014 10:33

Hello, for me submission to category doesn't work as expected.. In the type "Submision parameters" i chose "Who can select category" -> "No one" and "Allow section root submission" -> "No". Then in the "Category Limit" tab i select the category I want to submit in. When I submit that type the record submits to the section root. But I believe it should be submited to the category selected in the "Category Limit" tab. So it's a bug ?

Last Modified: 10 Apr 2014

golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
06 Apr 2014 13:53

Hi, you have first created a type, then a section then you have added categories to the section right? As an example, if you added 5 categories for a particular section, do you want to restrict submission to only 4 categories and not allow submission in one specific category? If you want to allow submission in all categories within a section, you should set "Who can select category" to public, then if you want to restrict submission of records, you can simply set the type of user who are allowed to submit new records in type, under the submission parameters, you can set "Who can submit records" to registered instead of public.

Most of the case, "Category Limit" should be left untouched and "Who can select category" -> "Public", only control records submission access when setting your type parameter:

submission_parameters

Hope this configuration example will help you to understand how to configure your category and submission settings.

Tomy

klewas VIP
Total posts: 18
06 Apr 2014 15:46

Hi, I think I created that type after I created section, but does it matter? As I see I didn't explain what I want to achieve, so I'll try now.. I have a section and two categories in it. Also I have two types and I want that each type submits articles to particular category, but I don't want let user to select a category, I even don't want to show category selection field when submitting article.

What I am trying to achieve is also written in the tooltip when you hover the text "Who can select category" in the "Submission Parameters" tab. There is the text: "If no one, article will be submitted to first category selected in category limit or current category if category limit not set". But for me it doesn't work and it saves to the section root.

golfads VIP
06 Apr 2014 17:26

This does not matter, you can create section first and type after or vice-versa, this does not matter at all, however, as per what you are trying to do, personally, I never tried this, guess that some other Cobalt users, even Sergey, might be of better help regarding this issue, as I think there is a bug there as it should be working like you are expecting.

ron.du VIP
Total posts: 113
06 Apr 2014 18:35

Hi. Klewas . I can assure you that what you trying to do was possible with little older version of C8 . So just now i tried to achive same as you and result is same as you definately its a Bug . Hope Mintjoomla team will fix it soon currently article is only saved in root category or in the category member was visiting just befor adding post . with older version I was trying to create 3 category with 3 types. and it was working perfact without selecting any category by the members

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Apr 2014 07:12

klewas When I submit that type the record submits to the section root. But I believe it should be submited to the category selected in the "Category Limit" tab. So it's a bug ?

It is not a bug. Category Limit is not an automatic category selection. This is oonly a limit in category selector. But you set it no no one and you have no category selector.

What you can do now is set Show menu on section homepage to NO in markup template parameters -> Section menu tab. ANd then in each category parameter select type that is intended to bu submited to that category.

ron.du VIP
07 Apr 2014 09:01

Sergey

klewas When I submit that type the record submits to the section root. But I believe it should be submited to the category selected in the "Category Limit" tab. So it's a bug ?

It is not a bug. Category Limit is not an automatic category selection. This is oonly a limit in category selector. But you set it no no one and you have no category selector.

What you can do now is set Show menu on section homepage to NO in markup template parameters -> Section menu tab. ANd then in each category parameter select type that is intended to bu submited to that category.

if this is the case then it will be more useful to have a parameter in markup template to hide " post new record " and we will be able to show menu in section home too. so no need to hide menu for section home if there will be an another parameter to hide " post new records for section home " . when member will navigate to child category ( secondary or tartiary category of root ) will only see " post new record " ) What do you think about it SERGEY? is not will be better rather than hide menu in section home ( in some case it is not good Idea to hide menu from section home )

Sergey
07 Apr 2014 12:30

Added to new version.

ron.du VIP
09 Apr 2014 13:54

Sergey Added to new version.

Hi SERGEY may be i am already too late. I assume you are going to add parameter in record type. But here is my Idea. If it is possible to add parameter in SECTION and is possible to override by each category may give us more flexibility .

Somple example : Consider section 1 followed by primary category A ( secondary category 1 , 2 ,3 .... ) . we want to hide " post record type " in section root and even in primary category A . and people will only see post new record from section menu when will visit " secondary cat 1 or Secondary cat 2 and so on ( option is on backend section and category ..)

may be i am asking too much

Sergey
09 Apr 2014 16:42

This is exactly what I did. In markup template parameters you may hide "Post here ..." on section home. And in every category there is dedicated parameter what types to bind to "Post here..." menu element.

So you have full control.

ron.du VIP
09 Apr 2014 17:36

You are great

golfads VIP
09 Apr 2014 18:47

As I always say, Sergey is the best!

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
09 Apr 2014 20:20

Sergey In markup template parameters you may hide "Post here ..." on section home.

Do you mean an extra (new) parameter? As far as I know there was already a param with ACL selectbox!?

Sergey
10 Apr 2014 06:55

pepperstreet As far as I know there was already a param with ACL selectbox!?

Yes. Absolutely. But that parameter affected all pages. I added parameter that is applied only on section homepage, and when you go into category another parameter is ruling.