kentster VIP
Total posts: 54
13 Mar 2014 20:40

Sergey,

I have a simple system setup to accept job appolications in Cobalt. It works pretty well for getting the applications, but I have a few critical issues that are creating serious problems:

• Notifications do not work correctly. I have the CRON event firing, but the new applications do not send the notification to me. I have Send Alerts Immediately Selected, all notication types checked and "Automatically subscribe me to every new article" checked for the section, but it seems to ignore it. I had originally created a master type for testing and it worked. I then copied this master into two other lists and they do not work. Is possible that something in the copy broke this?
  • I setup a Cobalt list on the user menu and it works, but the speed to show the list is very slow. The list takes 20-25 seconds to appear after clicking on it.
  • Sorting by Status field doesn't sort correctly (it seems almost random) and the other parameters in the status field, like automatic status change seem to be getting ignored. The sorting is generally frustrating since the refresh takes 30 seconds and it sorts in the wrong order (ascending/descending) and I am forced to do it again and wait for two 30 second refresh cycles. The other fields seem to sort ok.

Not sure where to go from here as I have tried to diagnose this myself, but I am just getting frustrated with the software at this point.

Kent

Last Modified: 27 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 Mar 2014 06:16

kfrese Sorting by Status field doesn't sort correctly (it seems almost random)

Status actualy stores 1-6 digit. Not the name so it sorts by this digit. I think it is really not the field to sort by. But you may use it as a filter. So finaly you can see all the articles of open state.

And when I get access to backend, we will find and solve your 30s delay problem.

For the rest please, provide additional information.

1. Direct link to that application on frontend or better menu path.
  2. Cannot login to backend. Fail to path http protection.

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
14 Mar 2014 09:53

kfrese I setup a Cobalt list on the user menu and it works, but the speed to show the list is very slow. The list takes 20-25 seconds to appear after clicking on it.

I made some fix in email field, after update it must work faster.

Sergey
14 Mar 2014 10:25

I have updated this field. Please download and install.

Sergey
14 Mar 2014 13:21

kfrese I believe that I am running your latest. I downloaded and installed the latest "everyything" yesterday.

I have updated this field few hours ago with fix that Konstantin had applied.

There is one thing on your templete with is not very practical and I would suggest to get rid of it if possible. It does not show the page, before it is totally loaded.

usualy page is ready to be shown much earlier then load finish event is triggered in javascript.

kentster VIP
14 Mar 2014 13:53

Sergey,

The page is flying now!! Thanks. What did you do? Was is just the email field?

I do not understand what setting you are talking about on the template. Can you be more specific?

Also, did you look at the file upload issue that I reported seperately?

Thanks again,

Kent

kentster VIP
16 Mar 2014 21:22

The notifications are not firing reliably and I cannot tell why. The task is firing. Basically, I just want an immediate notifaction of a new article submission, so can someone explain what I might be missing given the details above.

Sergey
17 Mar 2014 04:33

kfrese Was is just the email field?

yes it was email field. It loaded form in iframe for everya article. 20 of those. Sow it tool aprox 1s per artile and total 20s.And since your template does not show content untill final loaded event is not triggered you ahd to wait all that.

kfrese Also, did you look at the file upload issue that I reported seperately?

I'll look and answer there. Do not warry I will not miss any topic.

kfrese The notifications are not firing

By notifications you mean email lerts?

kfrese I just want an immediate notifaction of a new article submission

There is no settings how soon you want to receive alert per event type. You either get immediate alert for all events or for none.

kentster VIP
17 Mar 2014 23:13

Sergey,

I thought that I was pretty clear in my first message in this thread. YES I MEAN EMAIL ALERTS. I DO NOT GET ANY EMAIL ALERT ON A NEW SUBMISSION. Why?

Kent

Sergey
18 Mar 2014 03:00

I see.

Why am I asked you? Because we do not call email alerts - "notifications". In Cobalt notifications are simply red dots. So you may receive notifications but not email alerts.

Now I have another question. Do you receive Notiications? You can see that red circle that article added but no email? Or you do not have both?

kfrese but the new applications do not send the notification to me

Does that mean that other applications do send alerts?

Please chow me what you have in CRON? Did you try it in command line? You use wget or cron? Is one of those installed on the server? Did you try to open cron URL in browser?

Konstantin
18 Mar 2014 06:53

We can't login to your site with login/pass what you give.

kentster VIP
18 Mar 2014 23:18

Sorry about being grumpy in the previous email... bad day.

Why am I asked you? Because we do not call email alerts - "notifications". In Cobalt notifications are simply red dots. So you may receive notifications but not email alerts.

Now I have another question. Do you receive Notiications? You can see that red circle that article added but no email? Or you do not have both?

kfrese but the new applications do not send the notification to me

Does that mean that other applications do send alerts?

Please chow me what you have in CRON? Did you try it in command line? You use wget or cron? Is one of those installed on the server? Did you try to open cron URL in browser?

I do see the notification circles and they are accurate. I also get email alerts for comments, but not new article submissions. This suggests that the CRON is firing ok. I can also run the command directly from the URL, but still no emails on new articles.

The CRON command is as follows and as recommended by the hosting company: /usr/bin/wget --quiet -O /dev/null " http://teamlmi.com/index.php?option=com_cobalt& ;secret=*******&task=cron.sendAlert"

Sergey
19 Mar 2014 07:06

kfrese Sorry about being grumpy in the previous email... bad day.

It is ok. No worries :) Work in progress.

Konstantin
19 Mar 2014 11:27

We have checked notification, all work fine. To get notification you must follow section, then you will get notifications,and get email sending by cron with this notificatoin.

kentster VIP
19 Mar 2014 12:11

Konstantin We have checked notification, all work fine. To get notification you must follow section, then you will get notifications,and get email sending by cron with this notificatoin.

I guess that I am not sure what else to do. I want to get an email immediately when a new article arrives (I understand that "immediate" is relative to when the CRON job fires.)

kfrese * Notifications do not work correctly. I have the CRON event firing, but the new applications do not send the notification to me. I have Send Alerts Immediately Selected, all notication types checked and "Automatically subscribe me to every new article" checked for the section, but it seems to ignore it.

My configuration is in the note above. Any idea why I am not getting emails when new articles arrive?

Thanks, Kent

Konstantin
19 Mar 2014 12:40

Just configure your cron to execute every 1 or 5 minute.

kentster VIP
21 Mar 2014 01:14

I am not sure how else to explain this. The new articles never get notified via email. Even when I manually fire the job. The comments DO send emails. Frankly, getting this figured out just shouldn't be this difficult. VERY frustrating.

Kent

Konstantin
21 Mar 2014 04:16

Did you follow section?

Sergey
21 Mar 2014 06:54

We have checked and it does have that notification. Do you have follow section button active?

2014-03-21_12-49-24

The main idea is this. You have to follow record to get notification on comments. But how you can get notification on new record if on the moment of it's creation no one is following it? New records notification is different. You have to follow section, category or user to receive it.

I apologize for your frustration.

Konstantin
24 Mar 2014 06:02

Just set in all section setting "Allow follow user" to none, than you can folow section.

Sergey
24 Mar 2014 07:02

This is only one configuration confusion in Cobalt whe one configuration implicitly overide another parameter . It is logical but not obvious immediately.

You cannot subscribe section if you allow follow users. Otherwise by following section, you will follow all users at once. So, you have to either follow user or section. Just do what Konstantin has suggested.