zanni
Total posts: 70
13 Feb 2015 17:10

Hi,

Is there a way to have plan subscriber added automatically to a group already created in the Joomla environment. For instance: a registered user purchases a plan and is automatically added to a subscribers group that have special access priviledges?

Just a thought.

D. Ashley

Last Modified: 13 Mar 2015

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
13 Feb 2015 18:04

Hello zanni,
you might be interested in the following "Action":

Parameter options:
em_action_change_usergroup

zanni
13 Feb 2015 18:40

Wow!!

This is exactly what I need. I will manually move the current registered users who already have a subscription to the subscriber group. Then, install this plug-in so that any newly registered, user who subscribes to our plan, will be added to the subscriber group automatically. I think this is what your plugin will do, right?

Brilliant!

Thank you,

D. Ashley

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Feb 2015 10:47

zanni I think this is what your plugin will do, right?

Absolutely. But do not forget to add action to each plan.

MMMedia VIP
Total posts: 16
16 Feb 2015 21:12

I am already using this action, but would like the option to mot only remove the user from the specified group once the subscription expires, but to move the user to another group on expirey.

Example Groups: |_ Public (has own ACL) |__ Registered Users (has own ACL) |___ Expired Subscriptions (has own ACL) |____ Active Subscriptions (has own ACL)

WorkFlow: 1. User subscribes, they are now moved to "Active Subscriptions" - WORKS

1. User subscription expires, remove the user from "Active Subscriptions" - WORKS

2. Add user to the "Expired Subscriptions" group

Is this possible with this action? Thanks a lot,

Sergey
17 Feb 2015 03:21

No it is not possible. But I added this to the next release of Emerald. Please update this action on Thursday and it will be there.

MMMedia VIP
Total posts: 16
17 Feb 2015 23:42

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! Thank you, very much appreciate your support

Sergey
18 Feb 2015 05:47

You can always show your gratitude by writing a review on JED.

zanni
21 Feb 2015 19:29

Hi,

I already have users who have subscriptions that belong to registered user group only. (I added the Joomla subscriber group later) How can I move the existing registered user over to the new action group named susbcribers? Is there an easy way or do I have to move them all manually?

D. Ashley

Sergey
23 Feb 2015 03:22

Ша there are not many of them just move manually. Or you can change column track_active to 0 and it will trigger activation process once more. But that is not always good. If you had no atctions before, then it is ok. But if you had some actions already, those will be triggered a second time and to a mess.

zanni
12 Mar 2015 22:54

Hello,

I added the action Action / Change user group. This should add a member to the group Subscriber when they purchase a subscription and remove them when their subcription is expired. I ran a test: subscribed and then, unpublished and, deleted the account. The membership remained in the subscrber group.

Shouldn't that members status as subscriber be removed?

D. Ashley

Sergey
13 Mar 2015 00:30

If you did it as admin forthe other user it will not work. Actions are triggered only when user access website. In other words only actions of subscriptions of currently logged in user may be triggered by Emerald. If you unpublish subscription user will not be unassigned from the group untill that user open any page of your website.