narcis VIP
Total posts: 138
16 Jun 2016 19:59

Hi there,

I try to set this sql query in a multiselect field in order to get only the two first words at the begining of the sentence:

SELECT SUBSTRING_INDEX(title , ' ', 2 ) AS text FROM #__js_res_record AS r WHERE r.section_id IN(2,9) AND r.user_id != [USER_ID]

Everything seems fine on the frontend. The field displays only the two first words in values as expected. For example, instead of "Article Alpha: Computing science courses" i get "Article Alpha:". But when i select one value and save the record, i get a 500 error page.

I forgot something ?

Help please.

Last Modified: 22 Jun 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Jun 2016 15:25

The render of values in article is taken from JSON not with query. You can always use php substr() function in output template to trim titles.

narcis VIP
18 Jun 2016 11:25

Hi,

Sergey The render of values in article is taken from JSON not with query

Excuse me in advance because i'm not a developer, but are u talking about any query or just SUBSTRING query ? Indeed, in some multiselect field, i applied a sql query before to retrieve entire article value, and record was saved as well.

If it's because of SUBSTRING query, is there some similar sql query i can use ?

Regards.

Sergey
21 Jun 2016 05:25

Look into this file components/com_cobalt/fields/multilevelselect/tmpl/output/default.php. this is uotput template. You can create copy of it with any other name and then select it as output template in field parameters.

there is a line 19

$level = JText::_($level);

You can change it to

$level = substr(JText::_($level), 0, 3);

narcis VIP
21 Jun 2016 15:39

Hi Sergey,

I found the file components/com_cobalt/fields/multilevelselect/tmpl/output/default.php

I copied it, and i renamed it. Then, i selected it in the field paramaters (as u said).

But, the trouble is that i haven't found $level = JText::_($level); in the file. Here is the content of components/com_cobalt/fields/multilevelselect/tmpl/output/default.php:

default.PNG

However, i copied $level = substr(JText::_($level), 0, 3); at the end. I also changed my sql query in the multified field as following : SELECT (title) AS text FROM #__js_res_record AS r WHERE r.section_id IN(2,9) AND r.user_id != [USER_ID]

Now, after saving the record, i get a blank page.

Regards.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Jun 2016 00:17

narcis I found the file components/com_cobalt/fields/multilevelselect/tmpl/output/default.php

Do you have the latest version/update? I have 2 output templates:

default.php
detailed.php

Here is my current content of default.php:

<?php
/**
 * Cobalt by MintJoomla
 * a component for Joomla! 1.7 - 2.5 CMS ( http://www.joomla.org )
 * Author Website:  http://www.mintjoomla.com/ 
 * @copyright Copyright (C) 2012 MintJoomla ( http://www.mintjoomla.com ). All rights reserved.
 * @license GNU/GPL  http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html 
 */
defined('_JEXEC') or die();
$value = array();
?>
<?php if(count($this->value)) :?>
    <?php foreach ($this->value as $item) :

$full = array();
        $title = array();
        foreach ($item as $id => $level)
        {
            $level = JText::_($level);
            $full[] = $level;
            if ($this->params->get('params.filter_enable'))
            {
                $tip = ($this->params->get('params.filter_tip') ? JText::sprintf($this->params->get('params.filter_tip'), '<b>' . $this->label . '</b>', "<b>".implode($this->params->get('params.separator', ' '), $full)."</b>") : NULL);
                switch ($this->params->get('params.filter_linkage'))
                {
                    case 1 :
                        $level = FilterHelper::filterLink('filter_' . $this->id, $id, $level, $this->type_id, $tip, $section);
                        break;

case 2 :
                        $level = $level . ' ' . FilterHelper::filterButton('filter_' . $this->id, $id, $this->type_id, $tip, $section, $this->params->get('params.filter_icon', 'funnel-small.png'));
                        break;
                }
            }
            $title[] = $level;
        }
        $value[] = implode($this->params->get('params.separator', ' '), $title);
        ?>
    <?php endforeach;?>
<?php endif;?>

<?php if(count($value) == 1):?>
    <?php echo $value[0];?>
<?php elseif(count($value) > 1):?>
    <ul>
      <li><?php echo implode('</li><li>', $value);?></li>
    </ul>
<?php endif;?>

narcis VIP
22 Jun 2016 10:01

Ok, i see the problem.

Actually, i'm talking about the MULTISELECT field as i mentionned it at my first post, not the MULTI LEVEL SELECT field. I apologise, because when i copied the path of the default.php file above i did not remark that the field type was not the same. So, the file i renamed is rather :

components/com_cobalt/fields/multiselect/tmpl/output/default.php

And u will find out that the default.php content is different (Cobalt V8.707 installed).

May be i should specify that i enabled the SQL query feature (in multiselect field parameter) and i set SUBSTRING query there.

Regards.

Sergey
22 Jun 2016 15:05

Then use somethign like this in output template of multiselect field

foreach($this->value AS $val) {
    echo substr($val, 0, 3);
}

narcis VIP
22 Jun 2016 16:24

Ok, thanks.