narcis VIP
Total posts: 138
07 May 2014 13:57

Hello,

I have been meaning to set classifieds ads with cobalt8. I created two sections for ads : Computing and Clothes. I can assign one type per section. But sometimes, sections have the same fields, and some fields will be available only for section Computing. In this case, by creating one type per section, i will have to create repetitive fields in each type for sections that have the same fields (for exemple creating the field "Country list" twice for the two sections).

Instead of this, is it possible to assign specific fields to one or two sections without assign all the type to this section ?

Best regards

Last Modified: 08 May 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 May 2014 11:04

Fields are not connected to sections or categories. Fields are connected to types. And types are conected to categories. You have to create new type for each section even though you have some fields similar. Your types are completely different objects by meaning.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
08 May 2014 16:02

Cobalt allows multiple types per section!

• Most likely you should submit similar content types to 1 section... e.g. classifieds
  • Inside... create a proper structure of categories
  • Then re-strict submission to those categories (you don't have to, but it often makes sense for display, viewing and filtering)