toneee VIP
Total posts: 10
06 Mar 2014 22:07

I installed Cobalt Everything which should have included the Address & Map (Geo) - Exclusive field. I still installed it directly but it did not create a /google directory. Instead, it only contains a geo.xml file. The error is:

Warning JFolder: :folder: Path is not a folder. Path: ./components/com_cobalt/fields/geo/markers/google

How can I get this field to work properly?

sc_error-Cobalt-bug-geo-address-field

Last Modified: 07 Mar 2014

toneee VIP
Total posts: 10
07 Mar 2014 01:00

I figured out a temporary workaround by changing the default map to something other than Google in the settings. However, I found that the CSS is hardcoded and classes like .span12 conflict with my template CSS. I renamed what I could but I couldn't find how to control the location of each field. I'd like the address fields to be positioned a certain way but the foreach loop in default.php is preventing me from doing this. (Yes, I created a custom template file.)

Also, in the United States, addresses are organized as:

[Company] Attn: [Contact Name] [Address1] [Address2] [City], [State] [ZIP] [Country]

I've edited my custom template to some degree, but I can't get city, state and zip on the same line since it is generated using a foreach loop. How can I edit the city, state and zip fields so that they appear all on one line?

sc_cobalt-css-hardcoded-geo-field

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Mar 2014 06:36

toneee However, I found that the CSS is hardcoded and classes like .span12 conflict with my template CSS

What is your template? I hope it is not T3 framework with BS3.

toneee Warning JFolder: :folder: Path is not a folder. Path: ./components/com_cobalt/fields/geo/markers/google

You get this error when? On install or during field edit or when?

toneee I still installed it directly but it did not create a /google directory. Instead, it only contains a geo.xml file.

New field does not have google directory. You have to create it manually through FTP. And what do you mean you have only geo.xml file. There is only one file in com_cobalt/fields/geo/ folder? Or where?