MMMedia VIP
Total posts: 16
12 Feb 2014 11:05

When publishing an unactivated account you get this error message:

Error

Cannot change the published state when the parent item is of a lesser state.

There is no parent item.

When opening the subscription account and manually selecting publish and saving you get this error:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/components/com_emerald/helpers/emerald.php on line 85

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/components/com_emerald/helpers/emerald.php on line 85

When the user is looking at their account they see the not activated message but the checkmark under activated says it is activated.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Feb 2014 23:40

I cannot reproduce this error locally. Please in private comment provide me access t your site with admin privileges.

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
13 Feb 2014 01:09

I have the same problem but as I tested for me it's only for user group "Registered" (super admins and custom user group which is subgroup of registered works ok). I don't remember if there is any configuration that I did to limit subscription to specific group.

Sergey
13 Feb 2014 02:01

Hmm, what a group is doing here? As I understand this happen when you in Emerald control panel create manual subscription for user.

klox7 VIP
13 Feb 2014 02:16

For me it happened when user subscribes to plan that I have to manually activate in "Subscription sales". I mentioned user group because that's the only thing that is different from other sales.

But now when I updated to 9.168 it's ok.

Sergey
13 Feb 2014 02:24

Good. Let's see if it will be solved for Marpo too.

haxx
Total posts: 14
18 Feb 2014 08:38

Hi

I have also started to get this message

Cannot change the published state when the parent item is of a lesser state

Have tried uninstalling and updating to the latest release but no joy.

haxx
18 Feb 2014 08:45

Oh & its not discounting correctly, its ignoring whether the plan is active or not, but this may be related to the above problem

Sergey
18 Feb 2014 22:59

Fixed. That was related to new Joomla update. I'll release silent update later today.

Have tried uninstalling and updating to the latest release but no joy

I do apologize for this. We will try better test new releases.

Have tried uninstalling and updating to the latest release but no joy

Oh & its not discounting correctly, its ignoring whether the plan is active or not

What kind of discount do you mean? Coupon or cross plan or discount pan parameter?

haxx
19 Feb 2014 08:12

Actually, there is still a problem with the cross plans fixed discounts. It doesn't seem to take any notice of the 'Take in account only active plans'.

If I deactivate the plan the discount still shows.

haxx
19 Feb 2014 08:34

And I've just played around some more with it and can now see what happens.

If I have a plan, which requires another plan to purchase it ignores whether the existing plan is active or not.

If I tell it that no existing plans are needed to purchase then the discount is only applied if the plan is active (if you have the 'Take in account only active plans.' set to Yes)

I thought it should only allow you to purchase the plan if you have the required plan already but should then also take into account whether the existing plan is active or not for the discount to be applied?

klox7 VIP
19 Feb 2014 13:56

For me error happens again, now on line 86. Have Emerald 9.176.

Sergey
19 Feb 2014 22:39

Actually, there is still a problem with the cross plans fixed discounts. It doesn't seem to take any notice of the 'Take in account only active plans'.

I sorely tested it locally. And everything looks like work perfect at least how I understand it should work.

I thought it should only allow you to purchase the plan if you have the required plan already

Yes this is what cross plan require options are stand for.

I thought it should only allow you to purchase the plan if you have the required plan already

but should then also take into account whether the existing plan is active or not for the discount to be applied?

I do not understand. Can you explain as scenario. Something like User a have a plan A, Plan B require plan A. Plan B have discount in user have plan A, ...

but should then also take into account whether the existing plan is active or not for the discount to be applied?

What file?

klox7 VIP
20 Feb 2014 01:16

klox7

What file?

Same as the first post...components/com_emerald/helpers/emerald.php

haxx
20 Feb 2014 03:59

Right will try and explain here are two scenarios.

User purchases plan A, when it comes to renewal, if he renews before it expires then he can buy plan B at a 20% discount, though he is required to have purchased plan A and it still be active for the discount to be applied. This doesn't work, the discount is applied whether plan A is in-date or not.

However if you do this

User purchases Plan A and upon renewal can purchase plan B for a 20% discount providing plan A is still active, but doesn't require plan A to purchase then the discount is only applied if plan A is active and in-date, otherwise the 20% discount is removed and the user pays the full price. This works, the discount is only applied if plan A is active.

It would seem from my tests that if you require them to have plan A before purchasing plan B then the 'Take into account only active plans' to apply the discount seems to be ignored.

I personally prefer scenario 1, this way we can offer cheaper renewals (plan B) only if they have purchased their initial subscription (plan A) and gain a further discount on the renewal providing they renew before their plan A expires, otherwise they pay the full price for plan B.

I know its not probably a model used by most subscription sites, but our students receive a physical membership booklet, upon renewal they just get a slip of paper to show they have renewed, hence the difference in cost between plan A & plan B as plan A takes into account the production of the book.

I hope that explains it, I have one or two ideas on how to get around it if not possible.

Thanks for your time

Paul

Sergey
20 Feb 2014 07:36

Same as the first post...components/com_emerald/helpers/emerald.php

Strange because in latest file I do not have anything like that.

Sergey
20 Feb 2014 09:14

I have found this tiny hard to find bug. And I have fixed it and updated 9.179.

klox7 VIP
21 Feb 2014 03:16

If I want to activate some old made subscriptions I get his errors:

Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in components/com_emerald/models/emsale.php on line 83

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in components/com_emerald/helpers/emerald.php on line 100

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in components/com_emerald/helpers/emerald.php on line 100

When I activate new made subscriptions errors don't show but I still see "exclamation mark icon" in Subscription sales. User can edit field that are linked to this subscription but in his Subscription history it says that it was not yet activated.

See this images:

Sergey
21 Feb 2014 06:05

This is already fixed. Please download latest version.

klox7 VIP
21 Feb 2014 07:13

I did and the issue on image from before is still there. It shows State as published but Subscription icon is yellow with exclamation mark (!). On user side in subscription history there is still alert.

Sergey
21 Feb 2014 08:00

:O, that is bad. Somehow we lost few commits in our Github repo. And this on was one of those.

Fixed and updated 9.181.