nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
23 Jun 2016 09:20

What do the "Notification Parameters" for the status field do? It looks like it should notify a specified group of users when a specific status is set for a record but I can't get it to work. Email alerts are working fine. This is with Cobalt 8.700.

Last Modified: 05 Jul 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 Jun 2016 04:02

You have to remember that you will not get notifications if you change status of your own article and even not your article but you change that status. You have to test it with 2 users. One subscribe to article. Another change status.

nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
29 Jun 2016 18:36

I have two users - A and B. A is in the "Testing" group. I submit a record using the settings in the attached image and A never receives anything. Maybe I am misunderstanding what this setting does. I was expecting an email like the Alert settings a little further down the page. Perhaps it's just a standard Cobalt notification. notification.PNG

I was hoping it was a feature that would email those in the group immediately when that status is set.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Jul 2016 08:12

This is standard Cobalt notification. user can see it notification center. Also as red dot by record title.

User can also receive email, but not immediate. this is standard Cobalt feature when user can receive emails about any Cobalt notifications. By default emails are sent once a day. But user can change to once a month or immediate.

Create link in menu to notifivation center. There you will see Notification Options.

To activate emails you have to configure cron.

Please read this http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/cobalt-quick-start