nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
01 Dec 2015 16:36

I figured out the actual problem that I had a previous question that was confusing me... just don't know the solution yet :)

I have a section with no categories. The section is set so that the "Who can see restricted records in the list" parameter is set to a specific group. When a user who is not a member of that group submits a record, it is not displayed in the table listing the records (default record list template). If I refresh the page, the record shows up. I tried this using the default blog template as well. If the author is a member of the "Who can see restricted records in the list" group, the problem doesn't exist.

Any idea why the record doesn't display after submission but does after refreshing the page?

Last Modified: 12 Jan 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Dec 2015 12:02

This parameter works togather with Who can see record parameter in type submission parameters group. i mean it dies not matter what is access level of user who submit article, what matters is what access level is assigned to this article. And that parameter does exactly that.

nblgeoweb VIP
05 Jan 2016 23:38

I understand that part of it and it seems to work well. Let me see if I can explain this better...

I have a group called "admins" I have a user that is not part of that group The type submission parameters has "Who Can View" set to "admins" The section parameter "Who can see restricted records in the list" is set to "admins"

What I want to see happen is the following: The user submits a record and is returned to the record listing After submission the user (the record author) and users in the "admins" group can see the record but no one else can.

All of that seems to work as expected except when the user fills out the submission form and clicks the "Save & Close" button. The user is returned to the list and the new record is not shown. If I refresh that page (using the refresh button on the web browser) with the record listing, the new record is shown. It's like the record listing is being cached until a full refvresh is done when using the "Who Can View" and "Who can see restricted records in the list" parameters. That problem doesn';t exist if the two parameters above are set to "public".

What I'm doing is puttinbg together an internal training request system where people can submit requests to take training courses with our various training providers. When it is approved and ultimately registered, the status of the request is changed appropriately with notifications sent to the user. I want the user to only be able to see requests that they have put in but the admins need to see all requests. Cobalt seems to be able to do everything very well except for this one little glitch that causes a bit of confusion. To the user it looks like their record wasn't saved.

Sergey
06 Jan 2016 07:12

May be that is because of some cache, I am not sure. What is you direct user to requst full article view after submission and not to the list. Then when he return to the list it should be there.

nblgeoweb VIP
07 Jan 2016 14:03

Redirecting to full article view after submission is certainly one way to handle the problem but I was hoping to avoid that. In this case almost all of the information being submitted can be displayed in the list view so going to the article display is not necessary. I tried redirecting to a URL with the URL being the list view in the hopes that it would force some sort of re-read that is causing the problem but no luck.

The strange thing is that it works properly if everything is set to public so permissions are a factor in this and it's not just some sort of caching going on.

I'll do a bit more testing and see if I can help provide any more details.

Sergey
12 Jan 2016 10:05

Check headers in inspector for public and registered and see if there is any difference. We have to exclude browser cache.