nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
19 May 2015 13:33

I have a section that is only accessible to users in a specific group and I am using Cobalt 8.649. I am running Joomla Search, not Smart Search. The section is restricted to the specific group by setting the Access parameter in the section.

I log in with a user beloging to the correct group, search, and results from the restricted section are returned and I can click on them to see the full Cobalt record - works great.

If I am not logged in (Public), when I do a search I still see the results from the restricted section. If I click on one of them to see the full Cobalt record, I see the following Joomla message at the top of the screen: You have no rights to view this page

I also see the section shown in the list of "Search Only" areas in the search advanced options.

Is it possible to not have records from a section show up in search results if that section is not accessible to the current user?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 May 2015 16:55

I added new parameter in Cobalt search plugin.

nblgeoweb VIP
19 May 2015 19:23

Excellent. Thanks Sergey.

nblgeoweb VIP
19 May 2015 22:21

I downloaded the latest (8.652) and gave your changes a try - the search works perfectly when I turn on the new option. Thanks again.