nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
25 Mar 2015 00:39

Is it possible to have the Cobalt text search also include tags in it's search? In the section parameters, I see the ability to include/exclude title, author name, author email, comments, and category in fulltext search but not tags.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
25 Mar 2015 09:54

Hello nblgeoweb,

"Tags" are available as filters, much more useful and accurate results, IMHO.

nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
25 Mar 2015 11:17

I'm using them as filters now... very useful indeed. I totally agree. I especially like the ability to just click on a tag associated with a record and have it used as a filter right away. It's a great way to see "related" records. The users really like that. Cobalt is such a great tool.

I think it would be good to have the option to include tags in the free text search as well though since tags also contain valuable information about the record. I see the free text search as a generic search that searches many things at once, with filters letting you focus the search much more using specific fields. Often the first thing people try to search a large collection of records is to do a free text search since that's what they are used to doing with search engines like Google. I have run across records where users have created some good tags but a poor description (field used in the text search) and vice versa.