nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
12 Jun 2014 13:51

Setting a multi-level field as a required field is not working correctly. If I try to submit a record without doing anything in the multi-level field, I get an error that the field is required which is correct.

If I select something with the multi-level selector but don't press "Add", no value is actually selected but I can submit the record with no error about the required field.

I am using Cobalt 8.551.

Last Modified: 16 Jun 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Jun 2014 01:29

Actualy what is in select filed have to be saved so it is considered to be a value.

nblgeoweb VIP
13 Jun 2014 13:34

When I click Save, nothing is saved for the multi-select field unless I click "Add" next to the multi-level selectors.

For example, I have a multi-select field that allows me to have up to 5 values and each value has 2 levels. I make a selection in the first selector and the second one shows up. I make a selection in the second selector and then go to the bottom of the submit form and click "Save & Close". No value is saved in the record for the multi-selector field.

If I do the same operation but click "Add" after doing the 2 selections, I get a value saved with the record.

I see the behaviour you describe if I allow only 1 selection for the multi-level selector. If the field is set up to allow multiple selections then you have to click the "Add" button.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Jun 2014 01:35

Fixed in next version.

nblgeoweb VIP
16 Jun 2014 19:32

Excellent. Thanks Sergey.