scholattu VIP
Total posts: 21
10 May 2018 09:17

how do I copy the category url? where do I find it? if i go to the category, i can't see any urls, all i have is the alias.

scholattu VIP
10 May 2018 11:10

I created one menu to link to section which is www.ourDomain.com/SectionMenuItemAlias/ Then I created a menu item with external url www.ourDomain.com/SectionMenuItemAlias/category-items/categoryalias/ But, that’s I not working.

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
10 May 2018 11:37

Check your category url with SEF disabled and copy that url to external menu item. This will work even if you will edit sef url routing type.

scholattu VIP
10 May 2018 13:26

Giorgi625 Check your category url with SEF disabled and copy that url to external menu item. This will work even if you will edit sef url routing type.

how do i check the category url? this is my problem

scholattu VIP
10 May 2018 13:30

where do I find the category url? i could only find the alias

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
10 May 2018 18:54

You are se3arching for ulr in administrator as I guess, but you need to search it on sites frontend.

Did you created Section menu item on your site? Go to your section page on a site and there you will see list of categories in that section go to each of them and see browsers address bars for url and then create external url and paste there url which you got from category page.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
14 May 2018 02:42

Also think twice if you really need to setup those MenuItems. Does it create a benefit for your users? Hence there is also a Category Index plus template option above your section list.
Apart from that, there is a Category module, which can serve as some sort of an auto-menu ;)